View Poll Results: Your bike ready to impress?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Born ready, it's dead sexy!

    5 20.83%
  • Oh yeah, mods are done, bring on the panty dropping!

    5 20.83%
  • I'm almost there, at least I won't be accused of pre-mature ejac... well you know.

    7 29.17%
  • Nope, I guess I need motivation, help, or um... what are we talking about?

    4 16.67%
  • Mods? What are those? I changed the oil and put gas in it!

    3 12.50%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 37

Thread: Your bike ready to impress?

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Fenwick
    Posts
    808

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kosher View Post
    The only mod left is one you wont see - 107 kit going in May 21.

    Then I can keep up with Chain, maybe.
    Having head work done as well? Cams?

    I have yet to have mine dynoed... only cause I'm going to change cams. I have the 551's, I want the 583's.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    SE Michigan
    Posts
    3,136

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chain View Post
    Having head work done as well? Cams?

    I have yet to have mine dynoed... only cause I'm going to change cams. I have the 551's, I want the 583's.
    107, TW555 cams, Fuel Moto jugs.

    I'm not getting ported heads because according to Jamie at Fuel Moto, you wont get very much from ported heads if you have true duals, and what you do get comes further to the right than I would be using.

    I'm getting the Fuel Moto jugs because they have thicker walls and better cooling fins than ported stock, and because I hate money. Compression is going to 10.25:1 which means more heat and while they say they dont see problems with ported stock jugs, but I like that the FM jugs will hold their shape better throughout a heat cycle, and again, I hate money.

    I'm also spending ~~$200 for them to put in the improved parts you would normally get with their ported heads - valve springs, etc.
    _________
    Roll away the dew...


  3. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Brownstown, MI
    Posts
    16,613

    Default

    I'm sorry but I everytime I see Kosher type "I hate money".
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

    "Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    southgate
    Posts
    3,380

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
    I'm sorry but I everytime I see Kosher type "I hate money".
    Haha me too. Gotta love people breaking stereotypes. Haha even mud had a kid with his wifey. I didnt know assholes could reproduce.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    961

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kosher View Post
    Who is doing the tune?
    Eds Heads in South Lyon.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    SE Michigan
    Posts
    3,136

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bombdog View Post
    Eds Heads in South Lyon.
    Interesting. Never heard of him. Has to be better than the boneheads at the dealerships.

    And no web site. Clearly a man solely focused on his craft.
    _________
    Roll away the dew...


  7. #27
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    961

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kosher View Post
    Interesting. Never heard of him. Has to be better than the boneheads at the dealerships.

    And no web site. Clearly a man solely focused on his craft.
    I can tell you more next week. I think he does lots of racing type stuff but I do know he has people from all over the country come to him.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Fenwick
    Posts
    808

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kosher View Post
    107, TW555 cams, Fuel Moto jugs.

    I'm not getting ported heads because according to Jamie at Fuel Moto, you wont get very much from ported heads if you have true duals, and what you do get comes further to the right than I would be using.

    I'm getting the Fuel Moto jugs because they have thicker walls and better cooling fins than ported stock, and because I hate money. Compression is going to 10.25:1 which means more heat and while they say they dont see problems with ported stock jugs, but I like that the FM jugs will hold their shape better throughout a heat cycle, and again, I hate money.

    I'm also spending ~~$200 for them to put in the improved parts you would normally get with their ported heads - valve springs, etc.

    Cool! I come from the other side of the tracks on the head work. Any time there is easier air flow it HAS to improve something.... And the price for having them done?! Is a drop in the hat... I had Kirby Apathy do mine. VeeTwin Racing. http://www.veetwinperformance.com/
    $400 buck... and you DO hate money!!!

    I had the 106 SS jugs. Thicker fins, better cooling...

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    SE Michigan
    Posts
    3,136

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chain View Post
    Cool! I come from the other side of the tracks on the head work. Any time there is easier air flow it HAS to improve something.... And the price for having them done?! Is a drop in the hat... I had Kirby Apathy do mine. VeeTwin Racing. http://www.veetwinperformance.com/
    $400 buck... and you DO hate money!!!

    I had the 106 SS jugs. Thicker fins, better cooling...
    I'm going to ask again about heads, we'll see.
    _________
    Roll away the dew...


  10. #30
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Fenwick
    Posts
    808

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kosher View Post
    I'm going to ask again about heads, we'll see.

    Make sure you tell them, "I hate money"!!!!!!!! That'll change there tunes!!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •