Thread: 2010 Brakes

Default 2010 Brakes

Im wanting to know how much brake peddle free travel is normal front- rear? Pads measure a little over 1/8 inch and rotors are good.Both fluid level full no leaks.Now I have a brake light switch recall that was never done wondering if recall switch will help out my 1inch and half free travel? My first though was pads wore out I do not have any measurement for new pads.First ride out this year too! Brakes are not spungy just free travel seem excessive.
    V/H 2-1 PCV PROGRESSIVE 944 KLOCK WERKS 6.5 SOLO SEAT SOFTPEDLE CONTROL 360 HIWAY PEGS BIGSUCKER V/H THROTTLE PAC REDSHIFT 577 WITH DUAL TENSIONERS ADJUSTABLE PUSH TUBES FUELING HP LIFTERS DYNO TUNED one hp per cu in pulls hard from 2000 -redline with no dip in dyno lines 96 CU

You need to get the recall done.

They *should* bleed the brakes at that time, once done, then re-assess.
    _________
    Roll away the dew...

Checked with H/D dealer they told be they dont require bleeding when doing this recall.I called (50miles away) to another H/D dealer same story
    V/H 2-1 PCV PROGRESSIVE 944 KLOCK WERKS 6.5 SOLO SEAT SOFTPEDLE CONTROL 360 HIWAY PEGS BIGSUCKER V/H THROTTLE PAC REDSHIFT 577 WITH DUAL TENSIONERS ADJUSTABLE PUSH TUBES FUELING HP LIFTERS DYNO TUNED one hp per cu in pulls hard from 2000 -redline with no dip in dyno lines 96 CU

Any chance you could measure yours for me just curious

Here on the right... silver with two wires... that is what they are replacing... yes they will have to bleed. It's a pressure sensor...
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

Quote Originally Posted by 05chop View Post
    Checked with H/D dealer they told be they dont require bleeding when doing this recall.I called (50miles away) to another H/D dealer same story
    Well, they may not require it, but they should do it anyway.

In fact you should request that they bleed it.

They have to test ride it after they replace the switch, if there's anything funky, they'll tell you.

But you need to get the switch replaced, its a safety issue.
    _________
    Roll away the dew...

Gotyou on the switch H/D is using a vacume plate over the fill cap. So my question (previous post)is could one of you measure the free travel at the rear peddle and the hand brake just curious? Thanks

I can't measure... my bike is not at home...
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"