Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Agitators losing bead

Quote Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
    It is holding... per the dealer... of course I will check at my house... so that is fixed.

While the bike was there I had the dealer check out my gas tank fuel gauge issue that I was having at the end of the season... they found the fuel pump had came up snapped off the tunnel and was floating instead of being secured. This was causing in accurate fuel gauge and "miles remaining" reading. I topped off the bike on my way home and will know if this repair is good at the next ride.

If all is fixed, I will be a very happy man!
    Yeah...hope that was the issue with the tank....and everything else is taken care

It is holding... per the dealer... of course I will check at my house... so that is fixed.

While the bike was there I had the dealer check out my gas tank fuel gauge issue that I was having at the end of the season... they found the fuel pump had came up snapped off the tunnel and was floating instead of being secured. This was causing in accurate fuel gauge and "miles remaining" reading. I topped off the bike on my way home and will know if this repair is good at the next ride.

If all is fixed, I will be a very happy man!
    I love it when a plan comes together. I take it the tank repair was in your price range?
    _________
    Roll away the dew...

Yeah. I wasn't taking it for that. But when I was taking it in for the tire loosing air (cause I thought the tire esp would cover it, it didn't because it didn't involve a road hazard), I thought. This gas tank thing is taking away all my joy, it's killing my riding buzz. While it's here and and they are messing with the tire, I'd let them check the tank fuel issue.

Well they figured both out.

Normal front tire swap is .5 hour
    They said they had about another .5 hour playing in the dunk tank, messing with the rim, etc.
    They charge 1.0 hour for diagnosis of gas tank issue.
    That would be 2.0 hours. But they only charged me 1.5 done. With tax $149.99

Ya know what. If it's fixed, truly fixed, I'm happy. I will check tire psi tomorrow and gas range and level will have to be the next ride.

Yeah. I wasn't taking it for that. But when I was taking it in for the tire loosing air (cause I thought the tire esp would cover it, it didn't because it didn't involve a road hazard), I thought. This gas tank thing is taking away all my joy, it's killing my riding buzz. While it's here and and they are messing with the tire, I'd let them check the tank fuel issue.

Well they figured both out.

Normal front tire swap is .5 hour
    They said they had about another .5 hour playing in the dunk tank, messing with the rim, etc.
    They charge 1.0 hour for diagnosis of gas tank issue.
    That would be 2.0 hours. But they only charged me 1.5 done. With tax $149.99

Ya know what. If it's fixed, truly fixed, I'm happy. I will check tire psi tomorrow and gas range and level will have to be the next ride.
    This!!