Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Agitators losing bead

Angry Agitators losing bead

So I took my bike to the dealer for the front tire loosing air... I have tire warranty so I didn't mess with it.

So they report back...

the chrome on the inside of my agitator near where the tire bead seats is failing and therefor leaking.

They don't think the tire/wheel warranty will cover it because it isn't from a road hazard. Sounds like a cop out to me. They also said, that it might be difficult to warranty because they aren't stock to that bike, regardless that the tire warranty was bought after the bike was 2 years old, so I don't think that should matter.

I told him I think they need to step up and figure it out.

Kosher made a thread on HD forums to help with a broader input..

http://m.hdforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=961322

The rims only have like 5k on them. This, 2nd tire ever, only has a couple hundred miles on it. The tire, due to the warranty, was and is a HD dunlop. And in response to Koshers thread... no I don't use tire shine on my bike tires...

I predict me fighting Harley for what I see as an obvious manufacturing defect.
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

I see this all the time in the auto world, real common and nobody cares anymore. bead sealer should help but i'd grind the flaking chrome off first. I bead seal every tire no matter what. nothing worse than a pissed off customer bitching you out cause they have shit wheels falling apart. hell I just bead sealed the rear wheels on my buggy, slow leak at the bead. it's the only cure unless I wanna buy new wheels and tires all the tire.
    guess the phrase "you get what you pay for" doesn't apply lol

"ain't stock for that bike" is a complete cop out and bull shit excuse !!!!

i'll bead seal it for you if need be

It's not stock but its a harley rim and tire so they should cover it.

You end up at the usual dealership G ? If so, I'm thinking perhaps a dealership that actually gives two shits about there customer may be in order. Try a different one....... I know you shouldn't have to but I've been the recipient of sizeable stupidity at "our" dealership so perhaps a different one would be willing to help..... just a thought.
    Last edited by Moesride; 04-26-2014 at 03:09 PM.

I agree Jon... as of right now they cleaned up the inside of the rim, and reapplied the tire... put to pressure and we wait to see if it's holding. I agree, they should just put some bead sealer on it. Like you said, most places do it on car wheels. My neighbor who has a car tire machine, always does it... same thing you said... easy insurance it won't leak later.

Yes Moe... and I totally agree. If they don't fix it, I'll take matters into my own hands...
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Custom don't bolt on!"

Hope you get it taken care of! can't believe they won't fix it....it's not like its an aftermarket wheel....

I can understand the wheel and tire insurance/warranty POV... but what I don't like is that HD standard warranty is 90 days!!
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Custom don't bolt on!"

Quote Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
    ... as of right now they cleaned up the inside of the rim, and reapplied the tire... put to pressure and we wait to see if it's holding.
    OK, that was 2 days ago - update?
    _________
    Roll away the dew...

It is holding... per the dealer... of course I will check at my house... so that is fixed.

While the bike was there I had the dealer check out my gas tank fuel gauge issue that I was having at the end of the season... they found the fuel pump had came up snapped off the tunnel and was floating instead of being secured. This was causing in accurate fuel gauge and "miles remaining" reading. I topped off the bike on my way home and will know if this repair is good at the next ride.

If all is fixed, I will be a very happy man!
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Custom don't bolt on!"