Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ride To Slide

Default Ride To Slide

Hey Guys!Im refering to Body Armor here to see what everyone thinks about it.I have had some close calls cars and deer,dogs normal daily shit Have any of you wished you had impact and abrasion armor after the fact or before? Im a jeans and Leather chaps rider very seldom ride without chaps.I have looked at kevlar(draggin jeans) with CE 1 Armor in knee hips,Forcefield,Bohn.They all do a good job of hiding protection leaning towards Bohn Armor Why because I dont heal like when I was younger in my dirt bike days when I had Armor!I think some protection is needed but not wanting to look like a really fat guy on a harley. I have seen many rider on sport bikes decked out with armor and ask some of them if they had any trips to hospital most did not.
    V/H 2-1 PCV PROGRESSIVE 944 KLOCK WERKS 6.5 SOLO SEAT SOFTPEDLE CONTROL 360 HIWAY PEGS BIGSUCKER V/H THROTTLE PAC REDSHIFT 577 WITH DUAL TENSIONERS ADJUSTABLE PUSH TUBES FUELING HP LIFTERS DYNO TUNED one hp per cu in pulls hard from 2000 -redline with no dip in dyno lines 96 CU

I'm basically in denial about the whole subject. I love to ride in jeans, a t-shirt and no helmet in the summer.

Especially around town, if I have to bundle up in 90+ degree heat, then it just isnt fun or worth it.

So I guess I'm taking my chances. I have considered Draggin jeans, that might be an option, but that leaves everything from the belt up exposed.
    _________
    Roll away the dew...

I've gone down twice both time fairly minor but I'm sure the bumps and bruises would have been less had I had some type of padding on. I've looked at the riding jeans before but never tried them on. I do have a mesh riding jacket with lading for summer though I really only end up wearing it on road trips.

Quote Originally Posted by Kosher View Post
    I'm basically in denial about the whole subject. I love to ride in jeans, a t-shirt and no helmet in the summer.

Especially around town, if I have to bundle up in 90+ degree heat, then it just isnt fun or worth it.

So I guess I'm taking my chances. I have considered Draggin jeans, that might be an option, but that leaves everything from the belt up exposed.

Your NOT alone Kosher! I am sure there are far more that feel this way.....

Quote Originally Posted by Chain View Post
    Your NOT alone Kosher! I am sure there are far more that feel this way.....
    Judging from you sig pic, Chain, I guess we are kindred spirits, LOL

Hows' that fugly comin? We havent seen pics in a while!
    Last edited by Kosher; 04-18-2014 at 04:16 PM.
    _________
    Roll away the dew...

Yep Jeans and T shirt for me I also have mesh but rarely wear it though it is comfortable and cooler (heat) than just a t shirt.

I'm waiting for chris to chime in since he had his harley summer jacket on when he went deer hunting. Apparently his other safety gear was a fobus paddle holster haha.

Lost a friend last weekend. Low speed, but not helmet and his head met a pole.
    Last year had a friend hit hard by a car wearing full track gear. He survived but he is recovering from serious head trauma. He is doing well, but it took a long time.

I have always worn a helmet so that is an easy choice for me. I own and wear protective jackets and pants, but sometimes can't bear to wear them. I guess I hope to be wearing them when I hit the ground.

Guess everyone makes their own choice.

Those kevlar jeans will probably help keep skin on, I might have to look into those.

Quote Originally Posted by RedneckMedic View Post
    I'm waiting for chris to chime in since he had his harley summer jacket on when he went deer hunting. Apparently his other safety gear was a fobus paddle holster haha.
    Chris did come out pretty well from that. You were smarter and landed in the grass, lol.

I grew up in the dirt and have lost a couple of close friends and a family member to mistakes. I always ride with at least a jacket and helmet, I have a mesh and a decent leather (both with CE Armor in them). I have over pants that I wear most of the time, with hip pads and knee armor. Their not bad when its hot if I throw them over shorts, but I look kind of silly walking around in my boots and shorts I typically wear the over pants when I ride longish distances or on the highway, they vent well with pants or shorts. When we poke around town I don't always wear them, even though my better half says I should (but she looks WAY better in hers then I do in mine