Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Jim's (owl) long ride

Default Jim's (owl) long ride

Got a late start. I left Michigan, noon on Wednesday and it was a bit cool. I was OK until about Marshall MI. and I had to take a warm up break. I did spend an extra few minutes at fuel stops to catch a little heat. Through Ft Wayne and almost to Indianapolis before I stopped for lunch. It took about 30 minutes to find the speedway and after a picture another 30 minutes to get back on course. Seven hours and 415 miles later in Plainfield IN. I called it for the first day.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    good place to get coffee and use the rest room
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    I'm happy the first day over with.

Sounds like your off to a nice trip. Be safe Jim

Day two. Nice scenic ride from Plainfield to Evansville IN. Then through Henderson KY. I picked up some long named parkway and rode it to Kentucky lake, where I followed the two line roads through Murray KY and stopped for a break at an indi bike shop. Couple of their customers were going to Memphis and I rode along. Route 461 I think was a very nice ride but it wasn’t the scenic road I planed on. We came to I 40 122 miles east of Memphis. So I’m 2 hours east of where I wanted to be and it’s not looking like Little Rock tonight. I ran across I 40 for two hours (well almost two hours) at 85 mph + and when I stopped in Memphis for fuel my bike didn’t want to cooperate. Engine lite on, no throttle response and very high idle. After it cooled down for 20 minutes things worked better. I got to Forrest City Arkansas no problem but there are still idle issues. 557 miles in 11 hours today. Tomorrow I hope to make Dallas Texas.

Almost forgot today’s pictures. First is scenic Indiana & second, the Indi shop where my misadventure started.
    [IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Thanks Lance

Awesome owl. I'm so looking forward to hearing about your trip. Thanks for posting this.

That is awesome Owl! Love reading as you make your way around the old US of A. Be safe and keep posting!
    My Favorite Rides:
    2016 Ultra Limited
    2010 Ultra Classic
    2003 Dyna SuperGlide
    1967 Bell UH-1 Iroquois(Huey)

Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

keep the pics coming

Very NICE! Be safe.

Let us know what you find with your skooter issues as well!!!

Looks like a fun trip, Jim - ride safe and I hope your idle issues dont cause too much trouble.
    _________
    Roll away the dew...