Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: dealers and test rides

Default dealers and test rides

I was looking at a few bikes at a power sports dealer and asked them about test rides. He tells me they don't offer them. I used to trail ride years ago and last year I bought I Suzuki bandit 600 (1996).

I understand as a private seller not to give test rides unless you have cash in hand. But a dealer? Maybe it's changed since I bought my last new motorcycle in 1987 (lol).

I asked how do I know if I'm gonna be comfortable on the bike if I don't ride it so I can tell which one I would want. He suggested asking on forums. I'm not sure how someone else could tell me what is comfortable to me, but oh well.

So I decided to call the local Triumph dealer. He tells me to come on down anytime to test drive one, as long as I have my endorsement and insurance.

So I still have to call a few other dealers in the area. But I am most definitely not buying something new that I haven't sized up to see if it fits me and I'm comfortable on it.

Does anyone suggest a deal or in Southeast Michigan? Near northwest side of Detroit. I really don't want to ride to the east side.

What's your thoughts on this.

Thanks.

You need to get with Thruxtonbill here on the site. He works at Triumph of Detroit. He can get you the lowdown on picking up a new or used Triumph.

Here's a thread he started a few weeks ago. Private message him for details.

http://www.twowheelmichigan.com/show...but-not-really
    My Favorite Rides:
    2016 Ultra Limited
    2010 Ultra Classic
    2003 Dyna SuperGlide
    1967 Bell UH-1 Iroquois(Huey)

Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

if your a serious buyer it shouldn't of been a problem. nobody I know would ever buy before riding, new or used. im thinking of getting ahold of mr. bill and test riding everyone of those mothers!! thruxtonbill ride's and now sells wooooohooooo bonus

Ya harley and trump never have a problem its the sport bike dealers that are usually not allowing the test rides.

We have a fairly diverse group of guys here so if your interested in a specific model ask away. Also there will be a few of us meeting for a ride tomorrow so come and join us. Check out two wheel church on the home page.

The BMW dealers are normally good abut test rides. Ford Rd and 275 on your side of town.

I think it depends on the dealer and their confidence in you. Also you need a cycle endorsement and gear.

Also,

How about an intro? Do you normally ride?
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

Quote Originally Posted by Larry64 View Post
    The BMW dealers are normally good abut test rides. Ford Rd and 275 on your side of town.
    Yes but then he'd have to become a pretentious asshole.......JK....sort of.

If you're serious come on out and see me, What type of bike are you looking for? As stated, you need an endorsement, Ins and gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Thruxtonbill View Post
    Yes but then he'd have to become a pretentious asshole.......JK....sort of.

If you're serious come on out and see me, What type of bike are you looking for? As stated, you need an endorsement, Ins and gear.
    Aw come on, I road 'em for 25 years and worked for the dealer for 10. I don't have a day glow green Aerostitch, a safety riding vest, or my bike covered in reflective decals. I'm normal, well are normal as you can be after running in to burning buildings for 31 years.

We were also Triumph Detroit and Ducati Detroit at times.

i test rode a new and used wing at motorcity powersport back in '07
    town and country usually has a wing or two ( along with other bikes ) in their rental fleet that you can test ride if they are in the shop and its a fun ride out there
    william