Thread: How to post large images

Default How to post large images

The most often asked question: "How do I post large images?"

Here's how

1) If you don't already have one, get a free account at a photo sharing site such as Flickr, Photobucket, Imageshack, Onedrive, etc....
    2) Upload your photo to the site
    3) All of these sites allow you to get a direct link to various sizes of any image you've uploaded. A link that will work is a link that ends in ".jpg"
    4) Copy that link to the clipboard (control-c, or some sites have a button to do it)
    5) Back in the TWM post editor, click on the button that looks like a picture (shown below)

6) A dialogue box will appear. Paste (Control-V) the link into that dialogue box and click "OK"
    7) Celebrate

Note that some services (Photobucket, I believe) has the capability to copy the whole image tag string ([IMG]<url here>[/IMG]), in which case you can just paste that link directly into the text editor without using the image button above.
    Last edited by Kosher; 03-29-2014 at 11:13 PM.
    _________
    Roll away the dew...

Yep...what Keith said!
    I use photobucket...and when you click on your pic in pb...to the right...click on the last line which is IMG code..copy and paste directly in the thread that you are using it in...and for 2 or 3 pics...I usually hit enter a couple times after I paste each pic in the thread...so they don't run together
    now to make a small pic bigger that is in your thread(like what I did with Skipper's pic's)
    click on the pic to make it bigger...then right click....scroll down where it says "view image info" and click on that...
    then the image link is already highlighted right click copy....close out of that box...then hit the "Insert Image" button that Keith has the red arrow pointing at....paste in there....and your good to go....after you do it a few times...it is no biggie...
    but when you use photobucket, you don't have to use the insert image button...paste directly in your thread....hope this helps out

I do the same. Photobucket is what I use. I even have an app on my phone now so I can use pictures off my phone and get the img tag for them so I can post on the mobile site.

I use PB 99% of the time and they have an awesome app. If I'm doing it on the go.

Also thanks for doing this kosher.

Photobucket FTW

and Keith great work man on posting this - valuable information and one of the most common things people ask / have problems with.
    Redline Superbike
    http://www.redlinesuperbike.com/

Learn about photography: ATP Members