Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Harley or K&N Filter? How about oil?

Default Harley or K&N Filter? How about oil?

Harley dudes,

Do you use a Harley or K&N filter....other? I like that the K&N has the nut on the end but I think I am currently running a Harley.

What about engine oil? What are you running?

Quote Originally Posted by skipper View Post
    Harley dudes,

Do you use a Harley or K&N filter....other? I like that the K&N has the nut on the end but I think I am currently running a Harley.

What about engine oil? What are you running?
    Gas man is an Amsoil agent.

He also recommends the K&P (yes K&P) reusable filter. Thinking of buying one because I hate money.

Valuetek is a TWM sponsor: http://www.valueteckenterprises.com/page5.html
    _________
    Roll away the dew...

Quote Originally Posted by Kosher View Post
    Gas man is an Amsoil agent.

He also recommends the K&P (yes K&P) reusable filter. Thinking of buying one because I hate money.

Valuetek is a TWM sponsor: http://www.valueteckenterprises.com/page5.html
    Yep yep! I run all Amsoil...motor.. primy and trany...
    and I also run the Black Anodized K&P Oil Filter...got that from Mad Dog at Value Teck!
    I ran the chrome K&P on my BD K-9 Chopper for 5 years! great filters! when I did my oil change last summer...I put a black anodized K&P oil filter on the Harley and we changed out all my oils to Amsoil

Quote Originally Posted by Bagger Dave View Post
    Yep yep! I run all Amsoil...motor.. primy and trany...
    and I also run the Black Anodized K&P Oil Filter...got that from Mad Dog at Value Teck!
    I ran the chrome K&P on my BD K-9 Chopper for 5 years! great filters! when I did my oil change last summer...I put a black anodized K&P oil filter on the Harley and we changed out all my oils to Amsoil
    And out come the Amsoil zombies. To me its not a magic elixir. Its fine, but not any different from any other synthetic. For various reasons I end up changing more frequently than 5K, which in and of itself is shorter than the normal service life of oil. So in reality dino oil would be fine too, but again, I hate money.

And I cant believe I just participated in an oil thread.

_________
    Roll away the dew...

Quote Originally Posted by Kosher View Post
    And out come the Amsoil zombies. To me its not a magic elixir. Its fine, but not any different from any other synthetic. For various reasons I end up changing more frequently than 5K, which in and of itself is shorter than the normal service life of oil. So in reality dino oil would be fine too, but again, I hate money.

And I cant believe I just participated in an oil thread.

I use to run Mobil 1 in my Chop.....and when I got my Harley in Oct of 2012....they already changed the oil before I picked it up...so when we did my oil change at Gas Man's garage...I figured I would just run what he runs in his scoot...being that he is an Amsoil agent...I always run synthy in my bikes and vehicles...but to each their own....
    oh..and this is the first time that I ever ran Amsoil...

I run Amsoil and the Amsoil filter....
    Bikers Against Child Abuse - B.A.C.A.
    Wayne County Chapter - Michigan
    http://michigan.bacaworld.org/

"No Child Deserves To Live In Fear"

Amsoil in my Triumph....simply the best IMO.

Ive got amsoil in the motor and primary and since the dealer was paying for it I tried out redline gear oil in the tranny and I actually like it very smooth shifts and neutral is nice and easy to find.

I use Lucas oil (engine, primary, trans) and have for all my motorcycles, many years now. Never any problems. Ironhead, shovelhead, Evo and Twin Cam.