Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Which bike...?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Which bike...?

Here is a question for anyone... There is a chance I might be getting a new bike, just not sure what one I want to get. I'm not biased to any one brand I like em all and have rode each one from GSXR to Yamaha's and ninja's... Money aside, I would like your thoughts on bikes (years and models)

i know it's a vague question, but I want to completely customize a bike. I'm swinging more towards a 600 or 750, not really looking for a liter bike since it's pointless unless on a track, which I don't do much of.

First question. What about the two you have now?
    Formerly known as Rugby66x

I sold the ninja, and I got an offer for the busa that honestly it's hard to turn down and would make it easy to buy a brand new one and pay for all the mods I need/want if I take the offer. Sadly though it wouldn't be enough to buy a Harley

what about a bandit or a street fighter? nothing better than a naked bike !! maybe a duc monster..

I'm a big fan of the monsters. Other than that yami's have my heart in the sport bike world followed by Honda because just like every asshole has a harley every douche has a gsxr.

I think if you are going to stick with a sport bike, go Duc.

And you still might be able to get a HD if you want one. Couple year old Street Glides go for mid teens. Usually already have pipes, stage 1, custom bolt ons, etc...
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

Quote Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post

And you still might be able to get a HD if you want one. Couple year old Street Glides go for mid teens. Usually already have pipes, stage 1, custom bolt ons, etc...
    Yep yep! there is one for sale that Chris put up a little bit ago on the TWM fb group page ...already piped and shit....
    Depends on what kind of riding you want to do...if you want a bar hopper or something to start taking trips on...

As much as I love Ducs keep in mind they are expensive to fix and purchase. Check out the new Yami FZ09 or the Triumph Street, you get a wide power band with both and they are a hoot to ride. I'll be at Triumph Detroit starting next week so give me a shout when the weather clears and I'll get you on the street.

Quote Originally Posted by Thruxtonbill View Post
    As much as I love Ducs keep in mind they are expensive to fix and purchase. Check out the new Yami FZ09 or the Triumph Street, you get a wide power band with both and they are a hoot to ride. I'll be at Triumph Detroit starting next week so give me a shout when the weather clears and I'll get you on the street.
    Congratulations, you old rattlesnake. I had a hunch this was happening; it was a poorly kept secret if you paid attention. You ever going to make it out to TofD West for a visit?

Now if you could sell me a StT3-R for the price of the FZ-09. By the way, the new Yammies are selling for below list, OTD. That said, I hear a sported-up version is in the works.
    Last edited by meinschaft; 03-16-2014 at 10:19 AM.

Actaully it looks like I'll be splitting some time between the two stores which works for me. They're sending three of us to Indy next weekend for some sort of Triumph class and after that I should have a better handle on when and where I'll be, looking forward to it as I love the brand and talking bikes all day is not much work for me.