Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Skipper's Inner Fairing Job

Default Skipper's Inner Fairing Job

SO Moe and I went up to give Jeff a hand with his tear down...

He ended up with a fucked up looking Road King.

The ugly pieces that won't be for much longer...

^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

Good stuff man! Get that audio going to. I'm going to be doing my audio install here shortly with 4 6.5's and a 400 watt amp from hawg wired. Just have to straighten out a few things then Ill be ready.

So I started this with a requirement for new lights bc I couldn't see at night. I bought some DayMakers. Then I decided since I didn't spend a grand I set aside for upgrades this year I should get a new fender to show my new rims (got last year). The one I picked didn't come painted so I knew I had to go to the painter. If I was going to do to the painter, I mind as well do the interfairing too right. I was going to have to be done at some point. Since the fairing is off Chris and Moe suggested I do speakers. It just made sense. Would hate to have to pull it off twice. I sure didn't push back much. Ordered an amp and new speakers today. I hate my head unit but I refuse to swap that out so I took a page from Lance's book and picked up a sweet cell mount for the dash. I'm thinking I can use that for music / gps. I am now blocking all forums except this one for the rest of the year. Im cutting up my cards because I can't seem to stop now that I started. There is more crap I want to do already and my bike is in ton of pieces. LOL.

Thanks for you help Chris and Moe!!!!
    Last edited by skipper; 03-08-2014 at 08:43 PM.

Its a sickness for which there is no cure.
    _________
    Roll away the dew...

Quote Originally Posted by Kosher View Post
    Its a sickness for which there is no cure.
    Truth!! and We are all Down with the Sickness!! I know I have been...for a long time

Your scoot's gonna look bad ass when ya get done with it Skipper! good that Chris and Moe gave ya a hand

Skipper, for some reason I did not get your message on Facebook until tonight... Sorry man.... I did send you a reply though... Better late than never...

I am with you guys, it is a sickness.... I cant stop either....
    Bikers Against Child Abuse - B.A.C.A.
    Wayne County Chapter - Michigan
    http://michigan.bacaworld.org/

"No Child Deserves To Live In Fear"

Happy to be there and thanks again for lunch. I also ended up spending some coin on those bad boy heat shields you have on your scoot skipper...... thanks for that..LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Moesride View Post
    Happy to be there and thanks again for lunch. I also ended up spending some coin on those bad boy heat shields you have on your scoot skipper...... thanks for that..LOL
    Details?

A bit pricy but they look awesome in person. Had a set of the standard Harley style on there for a bit but didn't really care for the look. These blend right into the seat. Skippers bike looks awesome with this style
    Last edited by Moesride; 03-09-2014 at 01:34 PM.

Ahhhhh yes, it is a sickness. I’m in the middle of tour pac hinges and latches, saddle bag latches, headlights, satellite radio, windshield mounting. And, I got the call; my inner fairing paint is done. Now it’s polish and wax all the pieces before assembly. I realize there is no cure for this illness.
    Jim