Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Official D'Frost Run - April 19th, 2014

So when would one show up if they were going to tag along with group on this one... Was thinking of hitting this, but wouldn't be down till about the end of registration (11:30-noon) I think?

Quote Originally Posted by DataDaemon View Post
    So when would one show up if they were going to tag along with group on this one... Was thinking of hitting this, but wouldn't be down till about the end of registration (11:30-noon) I think?
    If you head down and don't see anyone you know look for the road docs rc your more then welcome to tag along with them. I wont be there but just tell them tank sent you.

Anyone go today?

Not I... I worked on Kosher and his friend Tom's bike.
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

What did those guys have done to their bikes Gasman?
    Bikers Against Child Abuse - B.A.C.A.
    Wayne County Chapter - Michigan
    http://michigan.bacaworld.org/

"No Child Deserves To Live In Fear"

Kosher and I installed a temp guage in place of the air temp.

Tom, had a wiring nightmare... his bike is a retired police bat wing... somebody hacked the wiring. The radio, the aux lights, and the worse was the tail lights. So I spent a couple hours on my back looking up the back of the rear fender trying to make heads or tails of it. The wiring was hacked shorter than short and had a bunch of extra old police wiring looped through... it was horrible.

his aux lights didn't work, I found a blown fuse. Then the blinkers started working again, but with their flaw... when he hit the brakes, the fronts would go out. If he had a blinker on, then hit the brakes, the rears would go solid. (he doesn't have the rear center brake light, just the street glide style rounds).

Also his radio was cutting in and out... I put some stability on that wiring. He thought the stereo was junk, I think it's just the wiring hack.
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Custom don't bolt on!"

Quote Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
    Kosher and I installed an oil temp guage in place of the air temp.

Tom, had a wiring nightmare... his bike is a retired police bat wing... somebody hacked the wiring. The radio, the aux lights, and the worse was the tail lights. So I spent a couple hours on my back looking up the back of the rear fender trying to make heads or tails of it. The wiring was hacked shorter than short and had a bunch of extra old police wiring looped through... it was horrible.

his aux lights didn't work, I found a blown fuse. Then the blinkers started working again, but with their flaw... when he hit the brakes, the fronts would go out. If he had a blinker on, then hit the brakes, the rears would go solid. (he doesn't have the rear center brake light, just the street glide style rounds).

Also his radio was cutting in and out... I put some stability on that wiring. He thought the stereo was junk, I think it's just the wiring hack.
    It was amazing detective work by Chris AGAIN, no way in hell could either of us have even begun to figure it out.

I think the radio problem was solved by fixing the loose fuse, but definitely was wise to improve the wiring. (one clarification in the quote above)

And Chris, I put my old H-D R/T/B module on Tom's bike as we discussed - all good!
    Last edited by Kosher; 04-20-2014 at 09:58 AM.
    _________
    Roll away the dew...

Thanks man... I ever tell anybody how much I hate wiring? I do!!

Yeah oil temp!

I agree, the loose fuse might have been the issue...

Glad to hear your old unit worked...
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Custom don't bolt on!"

Quote Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
    Kosher and I installed a temp guage in place of the air temp.

WTF! You took out the Air Temp Gauge?????? That is the most important gauge on the bike How the Hell are you going to know if its warm enough to ride!!!!! Stupid SOBs within two weeks you will be reinstalling them!!!!

End Of Rant...

Quote Originally Posted by bombdog View Post
    WTF! You took out the Air Temp Gauge?????? That is the most important gauge on the bike How the Hell are you going to know if its warm enough to ride!!!!! Stupid SOBs within two weeks you will be reinstalling them!!!!

End Of Rant...
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Custom don't bolt on!"