Thread: Rolling Thunder 2014

Default Rolling Thunder 2014

Just posted a tentative schedule to the calendar for a run to D.C. for Rolling Thunder 2014, from May 22-26. Most of the info is there but if you want more details PM me an e-mail address and I'll send you the HD Ride planner link so you can see all of the info so far. I have reserved a 3 bed room cabin at the Solomons Island Navy Rec center and campgrounds, and if any of you that are interested are prior military I recommend giving it a shot, they have 3, 4, and 5 room cabins cheap as hell and right on the Chesapeak bay/Pax river. So far these dates are tentative but will be solid no later than the 21st of Feb. Let me know if you are interested.
    Life is too short to abide stupidity, strive to educate someone today, including yourself!

Have fun! I'll be in Wisconsin getting a 107. I'll be in DC in July (2 wheels of course), then from there to Atlanta via the Blue Ridge Parkway.
    _________
    Roll away the dew...

hoorah! Kosh. DC can suck in July but the BRP will set you straight again. that's a gorgeous ride Have fun as well.
    Life is too short to abide stupidity, strive to educate someone today, including yourself!

Quote Originally Posted by sfcusaret2004 View Post
    hoorah! Kosh. DC can suck in July but the BRP will set you straight again. that's a gorgeous ride Have fun as well.
    Really looking forward to it - Going to hit Wheels Through Time museum, then hit the Tail and on in to Atlanta.

I lived in northern Virginia for 14 years, I know how hot it is. After this winter I'm looking forward to sweating my ass off.
    _________
    Roll away the dew...

Quote Originally Posted by Kosher View Post
    Really looking forward to it - Going to hit Wheels Through Time museum, then hit the Tail and on in to Atlanta.

I lived in northern Virginia for 14 years, I know how hot it is. After this winter I'm looking forward to sweating my ass off.
    Roger that! I lived in the tidewater for 3 years while stationed at Ft. Eustis, so I'm familiar as well. I'd love to do the Wheels thing too. Have a video from them showing some of their displays. I love the fact that they let visitors help maintain and start their bikes up and that they actually ride every one they can! I envy you the trip but work won't allow the time off right now. I just read a blog from a dude on the roadglide.org site about his four corners ride across the country and put that on the bucket list for the year I retire. Have fun and keep the rubber side down.