Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bike Love

Default Bike Love

I don't usually ever post too much let alone this kind of crap but I was wondering what you guys thought. I have had more than my share of friends die but recently one close to my heart passed. Before he died we were talking and he asked me why I don't love my motorcycle. I said what do you mean? And he said if you and your bike are one you would never replace it or keep selling them off. And I began to see what he was talking about because I bought my very first Harley off him a 1972 FL that I kept for 18 years and regret to this day for selling. But I now have a similar love to my road king that I have not had in some time, I don't feel the need to constantly modify her because she brings me joy as is.Just a drunk rant I guess but its not about the trade in value for me anymore. Please pass the Centrum silver now.......

Well Al...I loved my BD K-9....but I couldn't afford to have 2 bikes....so when I traded for my 2011 HD Ultra Limited....I love this bike! I have put more miles on it and enjoyed it more than my BD....
    I can see what your getting at....but everyone has a different situation...when the time comes that I can get another bike...I will definitely keep the Harley....not going to get rid of this one! I'm having a little drinky myself...cheers!
    Sorry to hear about your friend Al...RIP
    Last edited by Bagger Dave; 01-18-2014 at 05:34 PM.

I just posted on Facebook this video I found. I love my Harley this much. http://vimeo.com/48483245
    Bikers Against Child Abuse - B.A.C.A. ®
    Wayne County Chapter - Michigan
    http://michigan.bacaworld.org/

"No Child Deserves To Live In Fear" ™

I do know what you mean. I miss my Heritage a lot, but still, if I had to choose, because of the type of riding I do, I love my Road King.

Maybe in the not too distant future I'll have a heated gaarage/barn where I can keep more than one.

For the most part its a matter of storage space for me.

<sigh> Gone, but not forgotten.

_________
    Roll away the dew...

I've loved every bike I've ever owned, some more then others for sure but every last one of them have put a smile on my face. Having said that, my Thruxton is special and I don't think I could ever sell it. The real truth is we all just love bikes and riding, kinda the reason this forum works for us.

Sorry to hear about your friend, may he RIP.

The two bikes I have now , a 01 fatboy that I purchased new in October 2000 that will die with me. The other is a 73 z1 that was given to me by a bestest riding buddy/ homie that will also be with me until the end. The fatty has been the sole source of enjoyment during some not so fun times. It's still just a possession , but I love it as much as you can love an object.

Everything we own in life has a sentimental value,we cherish the time spent on that particular bike and by selling it ,u are selling those memories,I'll never sell my big dog,too many good memories,and no money can replace that,just my 2 cents

I have let a few things go that I wish I still had, but memories are almost as good. Nothing but friends and family cannot be replaced. Actually friends can be replaced but not forgotten.

I feel the same with my road glide. Unless something comes out down the ride I beleive I will keep this bike forever. I will ride the piss out of it and this summer it will get a shit ton of miles since I wont be in school anymore. When the engine gets onl dot will just give me a reason upgrade. I miss my first bike but I don't regret selling ever since I pulled out of the dealer on the RG

First off, sorry to hear about your friend Al.

On the bikes... I hear ya. I keep telling people that I will keep my ultra. I have no desire to get a new one... There just isn't any reason. I know the bike and love how it treats me.
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"