Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Batteries will cause your house to burn

Exclamation Batteries will cause your house to burn

This video is about how to properly dispose of batteries and the unfortunate consequence this one family endured because a battery short circuited. Most consumer batteries have the potential to short-circuit if the terminals come in contact with one another. This has the potential to happen especially when we go to recycle a group of batteries in a container.

http://www.kidsandcharacter.com/

I went and taped up all my recycled batteries in my bucket. It took a while this round but now I will just keep up with it.

Also in case you didn't know. Best Buy will take them and recycle them for you. They will recycle anything they sell.

PLEASE share with your family and friends!! Watch the video and you will understand...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

just watched the vid...I will start taping my shit also

Great video insight. Interesting, at work we have a 5 gallon bucket full of batteries. Not sure what the odds are of this happening but anything to help prevent a fire and hurt our bikes.....I'm in!

at work we have the same kind of issues every where we are allowed to turn in Lithium batteries there are little ziplock baggies to put each individual batt in before putting in the bucket. I'm not sure where Martha has been storing our "soon to be" recycled batteries. I may need to find them and tape at least the 9 volts and get them the hell outta here. I hate them laying around everywhere.
    Caveman

Here's my 10, my 2 are free

Not sure what to believe but I will say this we recycle all batteries at our plant and we did have a fire with the 9 volt batteries at the drop off point.

Quote Originally Posted by alhall88 View Post
    Not sure what to believe but I will say this we recycle all batteries at our plant and we did have a fire with the 9 volt batteries at the drop off point.
    Exactly... the 9V's are the devil!
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Custom don't bolt on!"

We turn all our batteries in at bestbuy they even took one from an old rechargeable drill I had !

Yeah they are GREAT for recycling!! They will take your old TVs, PCs, and anything else.
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Custom don't bolt on!"

motherfucker. cheap ass chinese bullshit. so now I have more work to do? oh fuck that I will just throw them in the trash can at 's house.

Also look up (google, bing what the fuck ever) appliance fires. you want to feed your paranoia a bit more - there you have it. Most house fires are caused by fucking dishwashers, ovens and washers.
    Redline Superbike
    http://www.redlinesuperbike.com/

Learn about photography: ATP Members

Clean your dryer vents!