Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 85 GMC - My Hillbilly Deluxe

Default 85 GMC - My Hillbilly Deluxe

Ok... so first I did the car change up and got a new stang. That was going well till I messed up the intention of the mustang and made it into a toy and maybe a show piece.

So I needed an actual beater. I ruled out CL because I get sick of that shit. So I asked FB for some options. I found out that one of my old retired guys from another gas company I use to work with (also know his daughter & son in law), was selling his old truck. A 1985 GMC pick up. It use to be a Tennessee truck for most of it's life, it was refurbed once back in the day but she's starting to rust. It has 135k on the clock but the rebuild was abt @ 100k. V-8 (305CI) auto (3 speed).

It needs some TLC, old guy hasn't used it in a few. I have to get 2 new tires, a tune up (wires look ok, but plugs look like poop but has a miss), and the water pump pulley has a wabble but not leaking so probably get a new one. Needs cleaned bad. Just a few random things.... but got it a for a decent price... drives and brakes straight. Super easy and cheap to work on. Down the road I will probably put some new shocks on it.

Will get better pics once I get to it and get it cleaned up.
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

Nice find Chris. Pretty soon it will be a show piece too, I aint buyin that shit for a minute LOL

Pretty soon (if not already), getting a vehicle out of your garage or driveway is going to be like working a puzzle.
    _________
    Roll away the dew...

Coolio!

It is a puzzle kosher. I'm going to have to get Moe's magic concrete over here in the spring for a driveway widen.

Let me know if you need a hand with anything

Let the mods begin!
    My Favorite Rides:
    2016 Ultra Limited
    2010 Ultra Classic
    2003 Dyna SuperGlide
    1967 Bell UH-1 Iroquois(Huey)

Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

Cool truck. Air bags , shaved emblems , handles , roll pan and you'll be in business. My dad had a couple of 85 bow tie trucks , they had troubles with wiping cam lobes. So minus well throw a 3/4 race cam in'er.

It had an engine rebuild done once before... so it has a Holley 4 barrel (maybe a 600), Edelbrach Street Dominator intake, and some tube headers. I was also told it has solid lifters. Just has a small miss, that I'm hoping is just a bad plug or wire... the plugs rough rough looking (exterior). The truck has been sitting for a couple years.
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

Solid lifters , I would start with adjusting thems. What color truck nuts you getting ?

Im going with air bags next, my truck is too low some. Im thinking of making a skid plate for the oil & trans pan. Fuck shaving the handles, i got a better idea i did on a dodge.