Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This Sucks

Default This Sucks

Well I ran the snow blower once today to remove the drifts. I put up 8 foot of track lights in the family room I wanted to add. Now i'm bored out of my mind. Too damn cold to do anything. They already called of school for tomorrow so the kid is going to be home again.

I'm sure you will find something to do for the 25 days you are off, EVERY month.
    Bikers Against Child Abuse - B.A.C.A.
    Wayne County Chapter - Michigan
    http://michigan.bacaworld.org/

"No Child Deserves To Live In Fear"

I can get you an application.

I work for the state, 12 weeks off a year is ok..... LOL
    Bikers Against Child Abuse - B.A.C.A.
    Wayne County Chapter - Michigan
    http://michigan.bacaworld.org/

"No Child Deserves To Live In Fear"

40 weeks off this year and a few more next year. No children and nothing to do around the house. To cold to ride. Now that sucks.

I know what I'll be doing! LMAO! Whoever said not being able to ride cant be fun!?

Larry... I may be developing a hate for you... slowly but surely.
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

Ya well, Monday night it was frozen hose and a broken intake helping Roseville. They lost 3 hydrants too. Nothing like playing outside with water when it's -13.

I just need it to warm up a little so the heat in the garage will actually be warm. I have that set of pipes to put on, new highway pegs and a valve cover gasket to put on my dirt bike.

Well I just cleared the driveway for the 6th time in 36 hours. We have been under a heavy lake effect band for the last day and a half with sustained winds over 35mph and gusts to 50mph. I am told we got 3 feet but can't decipher from the bare spots and the 10 foot drifts. School closed for a second day but at least I will be able to get to the range and fire a few rounds today. Things are letting up a bit as I can now see the houses across the street. Did I mention winter sucks. Oh and for the first time in my lifetime the winds were so strong it blew the ice in lake erie over the ice boom and now we have an ice jam at Niagara falls so it is backing up the river and causing serous flooding up river. Yes were under a blizzard warning for about the same 36 hours. Did I Mention.....
    For those that don't know the ice boom is a series of floating barrels that are strung across the mouth of the Niagara River to keep the ice from flowing out of Lake Erie. This is to keep the water intakes open in the river and to protect docks and personal property along the shore of the river. They put it in when the lake temp. drops to 39 degrees in the fall and take it out when the ice is mostly melted in the spring. Here is a pic of what it looks like.

I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children can live in peace.
    Thomas Payne

I live just off the St. Clair River. It's jammed up pretty good. Both U.S. and Canadian cutters are working it. Some of the lakers are still running ore to Detroit and coal to Recor Point. I'll try to get some pics. Here is last year.
    Attached Images Attached Images