Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone riding dirt?

i have a yz426f and i ride up in rose city and higgins lake. dirt is a blast i just wish there was a closer place to ride.

Quote Originally Posted by zaxcar View Post
    i have a yz426f and i ride up in rose city and higgins lake. dirt is a blast i just wish there was a closer place to ride.
    Where abouts you from?

We used to ride all of the time, back in middle and high school, around Mio. You ever go to Bull's Gap? We went there once and it was full of a bunch of morons. How nobody got hurt I don't know.

I know there is a place closer, at least closer to the Detroit area, called The Mounds. I've never been though.

I ride a Soma Double Cross. I built up the frame about a year ago and it has been a great ride thus far. I've used it primarily for commuting, but I've spent a fair amount of time with knobbies riding on some local fire roads and trails. I have not raced it, so I can't provide any first hand knowledge about how it handles under race conditions.

I had a cr 250, I love trail riding. Used to hit the mounds for someplace close. My dad owns 10 acres right up the street from the Black lake trails. I'd like to get a street legal/dual sport/ dirt bike and get back into riding trails and seasonal roads up north.

I have a 2006 Raptor 350 (four wheeler) but haven't been out on it in a couple years. I would really like to get back into trail riding. All of my ATV buddies gave up four wheelers to get into sportbikes, but I do miss riding the dirt, just don't really like to ride alone. I don't really have the time or money to go up north to ride but if you have any good local spots around lower Michigan let me know and maybe we can check them out?

I'm highly considering purchasing a used KLR 650, if I don't trade up for a bigger bike in the future. I'm really interested in going on trails later in the future.
    2008 Kawasaki Ninja 650R - Diablo Black

Here's my dirt steed: 2002 Honda XR200r

i was going to buy this old h-d dirt bike at one time but had no time to ride it .
    toby

When riding in the sand or mud, your body position changes. Your weight should be to the back of the bike to prevent the front wheel from bogging and throwing you over the bars. This will also give you greater traction. You will need to be hard on the gas to keep the bike gliding over the sand.