Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 Hocking Hills Unofficial Discussion Thread

Default 2014 Hocking Hills Unofficial Discussion Thread

Ok time to start planning. I am riding A LOT in 2014 so you can jump on the bandwagon or cry in your fucking pillow. Either way is cool with me.

So I am looking to make not 1, not 2 but 3 trips to Hocking Hills this year. Post up some ideas of dates with alternate dates for each. Lodging ideas. Comments, derogatory remarks or just whatever. Let's do this.
    Redline Superbike
    http://www.redlinesuperbike.com/

Learn about photography: ATP Members

You know I'm in, I am really disappointed we didn't get back last year.
    Count the lurker out, he's vanished. I'd like to spend 3 days down there and cross the river into WVa.
    Chris needs to be involved and we need an official TWM rally of sorts. Getting a cabin or block of hotel rooms require early planning.

Quote Originally Posted by Thruxtonbill View Post
    You know I'm in, I am really disappointed we didn't get back last year.
    Count the lurker out, he's vanished. I'd like to spend 3 days down there and cross the river into WVa.
    Chris needs to be involved and we need an official TWM rally of sorts. Getting a cabin or block of hotel rooms require early planning.
    I agree completely (not sure about the lurker though)! I have plans the week following July 4th, but otherwise am open to ideas.

Hocking Hills is close enough to plan and change around the weather, for those that are flexible. Lots of options for base and roads. WV is really kick ass too!

A block of rooms or other organized large group will have to be arranged in advance to be sure to meet dates planned. My Sportster group just made plans in TN/NC for July and they would only hold a block of rooms until February.

i'm going to see if i can make one of the HH runswith a stop in renoldsburg for some masseys pizza
    william

I'm down... 4 hours away is super sweet. I heard you can ride back even with a wrecked bike. BAM I'm in. I hear they have deer there too!
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

Yes I totally agree Bill we should make 1 of the 3 trips an official TWM rally. What better place? I can name none. Everyone does the gap and logistically / cost wise it is out of reach for some people. But Hocking Hills is definitely within reach of everyone. I spent less than $200 in our trip there including gas, room, beer and food. I believe we rode about 550 miles in 3 days. So really an inexpensive trip.
    Redline Superbike
    http://www.redlinesuperbike.com/

Learn about photography: ATP Members

I need to go back not only to boost my confidence and pride but because those roads are fuckking awesome. Definitely going to take it nice and slow this year because I want to make it back in ine peice with out 12G in repairs.

That being said I will have an extra 4 hr ride tacked on if I go because I'm planning a move around June so I can work in traverse city.

Quote Originally Posted by RedneckMedic View Post
    That being said I will have an extra 4 hr ride tacked on if I go because I'm planning a move around June so I can work in traverse city.
    Getting out of Downriver, huh Redneck? Beautiful area up there in Traverse. I'm sure you'll love it!
    My Favorite Rides:
    2016 Ultra Limited
    2010 Ultra Classic
    2003 Dyna SuperGlide
    1967 Bell UH-1 Iroquois(Huey)

Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

Quote Originally Posted by RedneckMedic View Post
    I'm planning a move around June so I can work in traverse city.
    That's awesome