Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mike Rowe discuss problems with today's soceity.

Here's the problem:

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/tere...outnumber-full

The people on assistance outnumber the people who work. So they continue to vote for politicians who cater to them. It's out of hand when there are 1.07 people on assistance for every 1 who works. And it's only getting worse.
    My Favorite Rides:
    2016 Ultra Limited
    2010 Ultra Classic
    2003 Dyna SuperGlide
    1967 Bell UH-1 Iroquois(Huey)

Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra AL View Post
    Here's the problem:

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/tere...outnumber-full

The people on assistance outnumber the people who work. So they continue to vote for politicians who cater to them. It's out of hand when there are 1.07 people on assistance for every 1 who works. And it's only getting worse.
    “The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money.”
    This is often mis-attributed to Alexis de Tocqueville, but I agree with the sentiment.
    _________
    Roll away the dew...

Quote Originally Posted by leebo View Post
    You know chris where I work we have one young person left (30ish)and I dont know how much longer hes gonna hang on, his dad works there and works circles around him.Most of the young guys that come in to work have no skills and think they can be on their cells all day, I feel bad for em and try to tell em learn somethin first!make yourself valuable to the company but you know how it is they think all us old guys dont know anything......
    Pirates

Quote Originally Posted by RedneckMedic View Post
    Hey now its not all of us. I busy my ass and work 80 hrs a week and go to school full time. I don't get paid jack shit at my job thats why I out in so many hours. And I do blame the government because the biggest problem is all the people on well fair and disability who have no right to collect it. Or people that collect unemployment because they got fired and stay on it for as long as possible with out looking for a job. Then there's the guys out there that are looking and have been denied government assistance who could truly use it. The whole system is fucked and I want to just go away into the woods and stay there for a while until all the low life peice of shit freeloaders stop looking to suck on someone's tit because there mom wouldn't give them enough. I hope they all just kill each other off.

End of rant sorry bad week at work haha.
    Dude Lance there is no way I would guess you were the age you are - not because you look old just the way you act. You are definitely a shining example of how your generation should act. Unfortunately you are the infinitely small minority. My daughter, who turns 21 next month, is pretty good too. She is paying her own way through nursing school and works very hard carrying a 4.0.
    Redline Superbike
    http://www.redlinesuperbike.com/

Learn about photography: ATP Members

And I attribute it to two letters. N and O. I asked for somehing my parents told me NO and I either got it myself or just moved on in life.

About 15 years ago we hired a couple "kids" at the place I worked at the time. They shuffled around with baggy jeans and talked on their phones at work like it was no big deal.

They got a lot of "talking to" by the guys that have been around a while. Some screamed, some sent them home and some just gave 'em shit and told them what they needed to know.

They straightened up well. One of them is now in charge of all the field employees at that company and the other started his own company (in the same industry) with his father. I think they just needed the kick in the ass their parents didn't give them.

Hope they appreciate the shit I gave them, lol. I might have to ask them for a job one day.

Quote Originally Posted by Mudpuppy View Post
    Dude Lance there is no way I would guess you were the age you are - not because you look old just the way you act. You are definitely a shining example of how your generation should act. Unfortunately you are the infinitely small minority. My daughter, who turns 21 next month, is pretty good too. She is paying her own way through nursing school and works very hard carrying a 4.0.
    I agree Lance is a good one. Sounds like you have a good one too Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by RedneckMedic View Post
    And I attribute it to two letters. N and O. I asked for something my parents told me NO and I either got it myself or just moved on in life.
    My parents had no problem saying NO. I think you hit something there. I have been shocked with the way parents and kids relate these days. Parents do anything for their kids. NO is not part of the vocabulary....

Quote Originally Posted by leebo View Post
    There are hard workers in the next gen hek.i got 3 grandaughters goin to college and workin part time jobs on the side and full time jobs in the summer.but the younger ones that I have seen that come into our shop I dont know, maybe they think its not that great a job cause they all start with a broom and forklift till they develop skills and shop sense.maybe they think they dont have to invest that much.just an observation...
    I think good people can raise good kids. I am proud of mine (so far, lol).

I find Many Many Good Hard working young people, but they are self employed. Lawn Service, Roofing, Siding, flat rate mechanics, you know jobs where you actually do something. I think that the smart young workers realize that in todays economy, with the corporations killing the labor force, their only chance to get ahead is to be their own boss. The losers who have no skills are the ones who hire on and prove to be useless, the "good" guys are self employed. Why make the Boss rich working your butt off for peanuts, learn a skill and be your own boss.

Having raised three young adults between the ages of 23 to 28 now , I have had the pleasure and displeasure of meeting a lot of their friends and co-workers. I too unfortunately find myself looking down and shaking my head in disgust. I would have to agree with most everything that you guys have stated thus far. I can tell you from a Business owners perspective that we hire and fire laborers and even so called tradesman on a daily basis. People of all ages, not just the young guys but the older guys as well. Problem is " pure lazy"!
    The mentality of these guys is do as little as you can get away with but pay me top dollar. Makes me sick!! Once in a while we do run across people that hire on with hard work ethics, character and integrity. These guys will stay with us for years since we treat them as family. We are a bunch old school no BS tradesman that expect 100% each and every day. I don't have any solutions for the way society has swayed but I can tell you that their are so many government free money programs out there that why would a lazy man get a job. Hard work ethics are gone fellas or few and far anyway......

This article is almost two years old, so the percentages are a little off, but the point is, how can we expect the assistance 'receiver' to even want to get a job when the average benefit package is more than $32,000 per year. It's insane!

http://www.heritage.org/research/rep...posable-income
    My Favorite Rides:
    2016 Ultra Limited
    2010 Ultra Classic
    2003 Dyna SuperGlide
    1967 Bell UH-1 Iroquois(Huey)

Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.