Thread: Bike Jack?

Default Bike Jack?

I went to Harbor Freight and looked at their bike Jack. It was $99.95 for 1500 lb capacity steel Jack. I had a coupon for $74.95 for this jack

Well I wanted to go to Sears and look at their Cradtsmen Bike Jack. They did not have any on hand, so I looked at Sears online and caught a sale going on for $84.95, free shipping.

I bought the Sears Jack.

What kind of Jack do you guys use? Thought about a lift, but I thought that was overkill for what I have in store to do to my bike.
    Bikers Against Child Abuse - B.A.C.A.
    Wayne County Chapter - Michigan
    http://michigan.bacaworld.org/

"No Child Deserves To Live In Fear"

Both of those jacks are scary as hell. I had a sears jack for exactly one day.

Bought a J&S jack, never looked back. Expensive but worth it.
    _________
    Roll away the dew...

Quote Originally Posted by Kosher View Post
    Both of those jacks are scary as hell. I had a sears jack for exactly one day.
    Meaning wobbly?

Quote Originally Posted by Klimoman View Post
    Meaning wobbly?
    Quite.

With my J&S, I can climb all over my bike, no straps.
    _________
    Roll away the dew...

I have a jack from autozone, does the job just fine. I should just buy or build a lift table cause the jack don't go high enough for me. it works fine if you like to sit down and puts around.

The J&S is awesome. About $400.

I have a lift lift and a sears jack. Rarely use the sears but do. They are ok for small jobs or bike washing.
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

I have the Harbor Freight jack. It's like Gas Man says, it is good for small jobs; fluid swaps, bike cleaning, maybe some minor diagnostic stuff. If I have more serious stuff to do, I just roll over to Gas Mans Garage. He has a lift, most of the tools we need, and a lot of expertise and encouragement in helping you do it yourself. Every trip to Gas Man's Garage is a good one!
    My Favorite Rides:
    2016 Ultra Limited
    2010 Ultra Classic
    2003 Dyna SuperGlide
    1967 Bell UH-1 Iroquois(Huey)

Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra AL View Post
    I have the Harbor Freight jack. It's like Gas Man says, it is good for small jobs; fluid swaps, bike cleaning, maybe some minor diagnostic stuff. If I have more serious stuff to do, I just roll over to Gas Mans Garage. He has a lift, most of the tools we need, and a lot of expertise and encouragement in helping you do it yourself. Every trip to Gas Man's Garage is a good one!
    That was my plans, being tall and fat is a bad combo when washing and polishing the bike. LOL. The bigger jobs are going to require buying dinner and drinks for Gas Man in exchange for "Lift Rental"

I also have the J&S and I love it. Gas helped the Ole Lady get it for me for Christmas one year about 4 or 5 years ago and it gets used for car washing sand little odds and ends. Primarily, though it gets used for the storage during winter. Lift it all the way up, hook up the tender and cover it up. Slide it nice and close to the wall away from kids dropping stuff on it and there she sets for a winter nap.
    Caveman

Here's my 10, my 2 are free