Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Winter projects

Default Winter projects

Well winter is around the corner... For me this year this mean that the bike is getting torn apart and getting ready to possibly be sold

Need some advise though... Does anyone know any cheap places to buy brake pads or is every where roughly the same?

Quote Originally Posted by Firetaz419 View Post
    Well winter is around the corner... For me this year this mean that the bike is getting torn apart and getting ready to possibly be sold

Need some advise though... Does anyone know any cheap places to buy brake pads or is every where roughly the same?
    Very cheap, and I hear very good as well. I heard of them after I plunked down for Lyndalls, but will definitely try them next time

Road Glide, right? http://www.d2moto.com/casearch.aspx?...ide+brake+pads
    Last edited by Kosher; 11-14-2013 at 06:02 PM.
    _________
    Roll away the dew...

Quote Originally Posted by Kosher View Post
    Very cheap, and I hear very good as well. I heard of them after I plunked down for Lyndalls, but will definitely try them next time

Road Glide, right? http://www.d2moto.com/casearch.aspx?...ide+brake+pads
    no, ninja zx6r

no, ninja zx6r
    Oh, sorry. Check the site, they have a number of Kawis, but I dont think the z6xr.

http://www.d2moto.com/c-1257-brake-pads.aspx
    _________
    Roll away the dew...

I use to use KneeDraggers but I see they changed hands...
    http://www.motosport.com/
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

Hey Gas Man, why take the bike apart just to off it? You canhave a lot of fun choosing, custom / chrome parts to fly ride your new bike,the way you want it to looks good. Get a Road Glide and just ride it.
    While we’re on the subject (working on motorcycle) I will beinstalling new tires (on RG) over the winter and I need help. Witch tire do Iwant? Dunlap eliteIII radial or bias or Michelin commander. I have talked to several guys withcommanders and they say everything is better (ride handling cornering) but notone of them has ridden in the rain. I have Dunlap’s (bias) on my Electra Glide andtheir nice but if there is something better I want it.
    Didn’t mean to steal your thread
    Jim

Unless you're just being funny... it isn't I that is taking his bike apart...
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Custom don't bolt on!"

I apologize Chris. I read “the bike is getting torn apart and getting ready topossibly be sold” and for whatever reason I thought G M ?
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by owl View Post
    I apologize Chris. I read “the bike is getting torn apart and getting ready topossibly be sold” and for whatever reason I thought G M ?
    Jim
    Haha Jim, normally I wouldn't strip the bike and fix it up just too sell it... But when I get my new bike I have two options, either sell the ninja (if I did this it would be going to a friend and either way I'd be doing this for her) or the other option is taking them both, and selling them to get a Harley (in which case I'll need t get the most money I can for them so I'll pretty it up.

Quote Originally Posted by owl View Post
    Jim
    It's an honest confusion and a statement that lends itself towards me anyway... so I get it. Very funny, like TBS.

Haha Jim, normally I wouldn't strip the bike and fix it up just too sell it... But when I get my new bike I have two options, either sell the ninja (if I did this it would be going to a friend and either way I'd be doing this for her) or the other option is taking them both, and selling them to get a Harley (in which case I'll need t get the most money I can for them so I'll pretty it up.
    Go big or go home. Take it for what you want.
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Custom don't bolt on!"