Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Meet our new pooch: Ruger the rotty.

Thumbs up Meet our new pooch: Ruger the rotty.

After a few months of no dog, after we lost our boy Brinks, we decided we wanted a new dog. We decided on a Rottweiler and found a great breeder in Gladwin. Rottweilers Royal We went by their house and breeding facility and wow... they are lovers of the breed and have a serious passion for Rotts.

We had a deposit down on a 4th male in the next litter that is expected to be around turkey day. As part of the breeder/puppy contract they always want right to first refusal if you don't want your dog anymore for any reason. So a previous owner had done this because he was going back to school for his doctorate and being single meant the dog wouldn't get what he deserved. They bought the dog back and after a couple week assessment put him up for adoption.

He's 1.5 year old, fixed, all his shots done, and about 110#. His name is Ruger and these are the pics they posted.

We decided to help him out. That was the first name the wife wanted for our next dog... "a sign". We think that with our busy work schedules, skipping the uber cute puppy phase may help. He seem to be right on otherwise... we spoke to the breeder and they thought he'd be perfect for us.

We went up today and brought him home. He was perfect in the car for the 3 hour car ride home, and slept most of the ride.

Once in his new backyard, he was showing us how cute he is.

He's also all smilies, especially when he's playing fetch.

But being only 1.5, he's an Energizer Rotty

He's also obcessed with this green squeaky sphere.

But after a little big, a dim of the lights... the wife found a new cuddle buddy.
    Last edited by Gas Man; 11-11-2013 at 07:29 PM.
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

Man...that's a sweet looking Rott! as I said before on your FB pics.....that dog is going to be well loved...congrats again to you and Teen ....looking forward to meeting him

Outstanding!! He's awesome man. Congrats to you and Christine. He's got and intimidating mug on him for sure and the name Ruger is priceless, love it.

Good looking Rottie there. Congrats!
    My Favorite Rides:
    2016 Ultra Limited
    2010 Ultra Classic
    2003 Dyna SuperGlide
    1967 Bell UH-1 Iroquois(Huey)

Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

Nice Rot Chris. Looking forward to meeting that guy and like I said before I he needs to burn energy we can take him and my Girl Athena to the park and let them run.

Congrats on your new family member. Sure looks to me like he's already settling in. What a lucky dog he is!
    _________
    Roll away the dew...

Yeah he looks right at home. love that face. Congrats guys.

Awesome dog.... My buddy had 2 Rots.... Congrats!
    Bikers Against Child Abuse - B.A.C.A.
    Wayne County Chapter - Michigan
    http://michigan.bacaworld.org/

"No Child Deserves To Live In Fear"

Great looking dog! Like the name.
    I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children can live in peace.
    Thomas Payne

Thanks guys... he's been a handful today. He needs to find his place and understand who's the leader of this circus.

Quote Originally Posted by Moesride View Post
    Outstanding!! He's awesome man. Congrats to you and Christine. He's got and intimidating mug on him for sure and the name Ruger is priceless, love it.
    He's got a heck of a bark on him too. Shows his teeth when he barks with authority and true to his breed. There isn't anybody coming up against him. But with me, he needs to understand when playing goes too far... but this was a warning that his previous owner told.

Quote Originally Posted by RedneckMedic View Post
    Nice Rot Chris. Looking forward to meeting that guy and like I said before I he needs to burn energy we can take him and my Girl Athena to the park and let them run.
    He's got tons of stupid dumbass teenager energy.
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"