Thread: Bubbler GPS (cell phone spot tracker app)

Default Bubbler GPS (cell phone spot tracker app)

To piggy back off a topic posted on facebook:

I downloaded a program called bubbler GPS for my phone (android) and have been playing with it. It works just like a spot tracker except it runs off your cell phone. The tracks are shown just like a spot tracker through spotwalla. The free version seems pretty basic, but lets you do custom messages at each stop vs the spot which has limited preset messages. The pro version ($10 from google play) looks to have a bunch more setting and features such as custom update intervals, the ability to send texts based on location, attach photos to spotwalla when sending a status message and save up to 1500 points for when you are not in cell range (vs the free version limit of 5).

I have the free version and it mapped me pretty accurately from work to my house.

http://bubblergps.com/

This is how it did on a friends ride over the weekend. He did an SS1k on saturday

https://spotwalla.com/tripViewer.php...0527463c8de410

vs his regular spot tracker which was running at the same time

https://spotwalla.com/tripViewer.php...452325a5d42651

My guess is that the limiting factor will be your phones battery life, but if it is plugged into the bike then it shouldnt matter

I'm so confused by such things....

I have Glympse app on my iphone... and it's simple and I paid nothing. Winning
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

Yep I'm looking at glymph too, but from what I can tell, the downsides are huge: it uses more battery/again not an issue if charging the phone off the bike, and it is limited to 4 hours of use at a time, which for a day of riding is not enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
    I'm so confused by such things....

I have Glympse app on my iphone... and it's simple and I paid nothing. Winning
    I put Glympse on my Android this afternoonand it was very simple. No muss, no fuss, and free. I started the app, sent my wife an email with it, and she could see exactly where I was. It's should work great for her knowing where I'm at on the motorcycle.

But derf rides for more than 4 hours at a time withough being able to extend it because he's riding so super duper fast.
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Custom don't bolt on!"

My wife and I use "Find My iPhone" app on our phones. Does not track, but will let people see where you are at.
    Bikers Against Child Abuse - B.A.C.A.
    Wayne County Chapter - Michigan
    http://michigan.bacaworld.org/

"No Child Deserves To Live In Fear"

Don't you just love all the new ways for "the Man" to pinpoint your location? Makes it pretty easy when they decide to call in the drones don't it? hehehe
    Life is too short to abide stupidity, strive to educate someone today, including yourself!

I am using digital leash and it is pretty sweet
    Redline Superbike
    http://www.redlinesuperbike.com/

Learn about photography: ATP Members

Told a guy at work about Glympse and how it will help keeping my wife at ease while I'm riding and his reply was to get an app called "balls in wife's purse"

Then I told him my wife's father was killed on a motorcycle and he was speechless.

Quote Originally Posted by sfcusaret2004 View Post
    Don't you just love all the new ways for "the Man" to pinpoint your location? Makes it pretty easy when they decide to call in the drones don't it? hehehe
    I figured somebody would say that!

Quote Originally Posted by CnA View Post
    Told a guy at work about Glympse and how it will help keeping my wife at ease while I'm riding and his reply was to get an app called "balls in wife's purse"

Then I told him my wife's father was killed on a motorcycle and he was speechless.
    Classic
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Custom don't bolt on!"