Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Replacing clutch on the Sporty

Muffin pan FTW

I like to lay parts out as they come off and often leave the socket or bit required for that part with it. If it was a bigger job, more loose parts...I bag the parts and their bolts together as I go. The magnetic muffin pan though......very interesting. I'll just hide it in the garage with the baster and all the other kitchen tools I have stolen, lol.

Got the clutch today.

So I soaked the frictions in trans oil for a bit and then put them in, friction steel friction....etc. If I hadn't got a new spring for the pressure plate it would have taken 15 minutes to get to here, but taking my high tech compressor off and putting it back on twice trying to get the little seat and spring in took a good half hour. Nothing was broken or thrown though. While I was in there I replaced the throw out bearing at the advise of a Harley mechanic whose failed. It is in the center of the clutch.

Then close her up and adjust the primary chain, the clutch and the clutch cable. Don't forget the oil!

Got it off the table without incident and tried it out. Seems to work fine, but I wasn't going out with the wet leaves covering my drive and street. Tomorrow!

Nice work Greg!
    _________
    Roll away the dew...

This '04 with Carb is so simple I feel comfortable doing anything short of splitting the cases. I am almost afraid to move up a decade. I suppose the electronics are just as easy, just more expensive.

Nice!
    My Favorite Rides:
    2016 Ultra Limited
    2010 Ultra Classic
    2003 Dyna SuperGlide
    1967 Bell UH-1 Iroquois(Huey)

Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

Great job man. Good pics too.