View Poll Results: How much $$ do you keep for roadside emergency?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • None I have AAA & a credit card

    8 38.10%
  • $1-$19

    3 14.29%
  • $20-$50

    1 4.76%
  • $50-$99

    4 19.05%
  • $100+

    5 23.81%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: How much money for roadside emergency?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Brownstown, MI
    Posts
    16,608

    Default How much money for roadside emergency?

    This was brought up in the tool roll thread.

    How much money in cash should you have on hand for road side emergency?
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

    "Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Alden, NY
    Posts
    1,839

    Default

    Most emergency situations can be covered with a credit card. I do however like to have $50-$100 cash on hand.
    I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children can live in peace.
    Thomas Payne


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Kimball,MI.
    Posts
    3,410

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Dog View Post
    Most emergency situations can be covered with a credit card. I do however like to have $50-$100 cash on hand.
    same here....

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    southeast mi
    Posts
    1,177

    Default

    I always kept $10 under the seat with my registration and insurance in case I was in a pinch for gas. That started before I had a credit card. Out of town this spring, I was pleased to find that I had upped that to a $20. I was low on cash and found some restaurants like cash....ONLY.

  5. #5

    Default

    I keep $100 stashed all the time, you never know when you might need it. The other day I was sitting in McD's drink'in my morning coffee. Some guy came in and ordered a sandwich and coffee. For some reason their card machines were down. The dude didn't even have enough cash, $2.12, to pay for it. I do not understand how you could run around with no cash at all but it seems to be common these days. I paid his tab, hate to see a man go to work on an empty stomach.
    Thank God for summer!!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Brownstown, MI
    Posts
    16,608

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by deep purple View Post
    I keep $100 stashed all the time, you never know when you might need it. The other day I was sitting in McD's drink'in my morning coffee. Some guy came in and ordered a sandwich and coffee. For some reason their card machines were down. The dude didn't even have enough cash, $2.12, to pay for it. I do not understand how you could run around with no cash at all but it seems to be common these days. I paid his tab, hate to see a man go to work on an empty stomach.
    It is common. I know a feel guys that don't carry cash. I don't carry much but I do carry some.

    And you you better watch out DP, people might start thinking you're a decent guy if you keep helping strangers out like this.
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

    "Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    67

    Default

    I fight the Electronic cards every chance I get, Cash is King. If a guy can't keep $2.12 in his pocket he deserves to go hungry. Many of these Clowns run up huge Credit debt and never pay it off, that costs all of us money in the end.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Brownstown,Mi.
    Posts
    2,315

    Default

    Daigo style.......at least 2k folded and stuffed in my front pocket...

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Kimball,MI.
    Posts
    3,410

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Moesride View Post
    Daigo style.......at least 2k folded and stuffed in my front pocket...

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Brownstown, MI
    Posts
    16,608

    Default

    Damn...someone remind me to bring my gun next time I see moe.
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

    "Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •