Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: roadglide windshields

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Livingston County
    Posts
    125

    Default roadglide windshields

    looking for FLTRU winshields. preferably used HD and/or aftermarket. If you need a new home for your old screen hit me up.
    Life is too short to abide stupidity, strive to educate someone today, including yourself!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    southgate
    Posts
    3,380

    Default

    What size are you looking for?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    SE Michigan
    Posts
    3,140

    Default

    I think I have a stock FLTRU one lying around...
    _________
    Roll away the dew...


  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Waterford, Michigan
    Posts
    616

    Default

    I have the OEM windshield that was on my 2011 Road GlideUltra

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    SE Michigan
    Posts
    3,140

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sfcusaret2004 View Post
    looking for FLTRU winshields. preferably used HD and/or aftermarket. If you need a new home for your old screen hit me up.
    Bump, yo - I have a stock FLTRU windshield... you asked!
    _________
    Roll away the dew...


  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Livingston County
    Posts
    125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sfcusaret2004 View Post
    looking for FLTRU winshields. preferably used HD and/or aftermarket. If you need a new home for your old screen hit me up.
    So I tried the mod I found on roadglide.com because the OEM mount is whack. The only problem with the mod is that the holes have to be drilled about 3/4 to and inch outboard of the OEM mounting points due to the extended hardware. I really like being able to change windshields without having to remove the outer fairing, but it means i have to trim the windshield and redrill 'em to fit. If anyone is willing to donate their old 16" or larger windscreens great! if not, perhaps a reasonable arrangement can be made. if you have any questions, pm me and I'll get back to you as soon as I can.
    Life is too short to abide stupidity, strive to educate someone today, including yourself!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    SE Michigan
    Posts
    3,140

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sfcusaret2004 View Post
    So I tried the mod I found on roadglide.com because the OEM mount is whack. The only problem with the mod is that the holes have to be drilled about 3/4 to and inch outboard of the OEM mounting points due to the extended hardware. I really like being able to change windshields without having to remove the outer fairing, but it means i have to trim the windshield and redrill 'em to fit. If anyone is willing to donate their old 16" or larger windscreens great! if not, perhaps a reasonable arrangement can be made. if you have any questions, pm me and I'll get back to you as soon as I can.
    Stock shields on the Road Glide Ultra are 14", not interested?
    _________
    Roll away the dew...


  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Livingston County
    Posts
    125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kosher View Post
    Stock shields on the Road Glide Ultra are 14", not interested?
    yea, I know, only problem is they have "slots" at the outside mounting points and in order to get them to fit the mounting points have to be tapered sideways, toward the outside edge of the windshield, thereby requiring a really biga$$ washer to cover the slot/hole. in order to prevent this the windshield needs to be trimmed at least an inch to get rid of the OEM mounting ""slots" and redrilled in the appropriate position. this then lowers them to 12" more or less. Since I'm 6'2'', this puts my melon square in the slipstream and really circumvents the whole purpose of the windshield. Now I don't mind a little wind in the face, I just don't want to be blown away.
    Life is too short to abide stupidity, strive to educate someone today, including yourself!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    southgate
    Posts
    3,380

    Default

    Why do you take off the fairing to change a shield. The easiest way to do it is to put the screw and well nut on the shield just finger tight and then pop into the holes on the fairing and finish tightening. You dont want to re use the well nuts more than a few shield changes because they wont want to go back to there original shape after being in the fairing for a bit. They are cheap so having an extra set on hand is nice.
    Formerly known as Rugby66x


  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    SE Michigan
    Posts
    3,140

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RedneckMedic View Post
    Why do you take off the fairing to change a shield. The easiest way to do it is to put the screw and well nut on the shield just finger tight and then pop into the holes on the fairing and finish tightening. You dont want to re use the well nuts more than a few shield changes because they wont want to go back to there original shape after being in the fairing for a bit. They are cheap so having an extra set on hand is nice.
    I could be wrong, but I think he's going for this mod: http://www.roadglide.org/showthread.php?t=16716
    _________
    Roll away the dew...


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •