Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: TWC - Oct 27th, 2013 - Oakland/Gennesse County

Default TWC - Oct 27th, 2013 - Oakland/Gennesse County

Owl and I spoke yesterday about a ride in this area. I know Matt Wells is also in this area.

Owl, can you make a few suggestions and layout a rough plot of what, where, when??

EDIT DETAILS:

Everyone meet up at Poor Boy Choppers, High Noon Sunday kickstands up @ 12:45. PBC will be open and have hot coffee for the TWM gang.
    Last edited by Gas Man; 10-26-2013 at 07:24 PM.

I am out for this coming weekend, as my wife and I will be up north. I would sugest a nice loop starting in Oxford, or ortonville (Bullfrog's) possibly a good lunch local, then ride up towards Mt holly then over to Lapeer, to yale/ capac area then down threw almont/Romeo area then back towards Oxford, or make it longer and head east from there towards St. Claire/94 area? lots of good riding up this way to be had. I wish i could do it this weekend but already have plans to be out of town. The Oxford Tap is a nice little place to make a stop also rite in town, good food and refreshments. Just depends on how far/long you all want to ride. Eazy 1.5hr loops to all day.

Oxford is a heck of a lot closer than new Toledo , I would make every effort to make A north Oakland ride.

Im in! So is the plan to start a little later this week?
    Formerly known as Rugby66x

Im also in if we start later. I have another halloween party on Sat but that doesn't slow me down much. I powered through the last few times. If for no other reason, it should be warmer in the later morning/afternoon.

I'm up for starting a bit later... within reason... we need to adjust for the colder temps.

That being said, this past weekend it was cold to start but turned out to be awesome.
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

Sounds good to me.....

Have fun. I'm out for this one.
    some people just need a high five.. in the face.... with a chair......

Won't be able to make this one either - I'll be saving the fine citizens of Ponticrack all weekend

OK gasman here’s a short run. Where do you want to startfrom? My starting point will be Poor Boy Choppers. Dixie hwy ,Sashabaw rd north , Seymour lk rdeast to Oxford , Lakeville rd east , Rochester rd south , 32 mile rd east ,through Romeo , Wolcott rd north , through Armada , and in to Richmond. Thereare a few curves and some pleasant scenery.
    OR
    Matt Wells suggested. Ortonville to Holly to Davidson to Lapeer toAlmont (I have all the details) This could be a awesome ride, but will timeconsuming. This could include a stop at Veterans memorial cemetery in Holly.About a 30 minute side trip but for those that have not been there, itsomething to see.
    Jim