Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Springfield XD-S Recall

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Springfield XD-S Recall

Argh! I carry one of these everyday. I guess I'll have to pack the .40 for a couple weeks while they get it fixed!

Here's a link in case you own one of these:

http://thearmsguide.com/4404/springfield-xd-s-recall/
    My Favorite Rides:
    2016 Ultra Limited
    2010 Ultra Classic
    2003 Dyna SuperGlide
    1967 Bell UH-1 Iroquois(Huey)

Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

I saw this before but Ive been putting it off because I carry it everyday. Guess I'll have to get on it.

They sent a letter so I guess their getting serious about getting it done. Says it only applies to the XD(s) series, so I'm back to carrying the XD(m). I love how thin the (s) is. It'll be an adjustment getting used to the .40 again. Hopefully be fixed and back to me quicker than you're Glide was to you Medic!
    My Favorite Rides:
    2016 Ultra Limited
    2010 Ultra Classic
    2003 Dyna SuperGlide

Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

Haha funny funny. I bought my S used so I didnt get a letter. I've very rarely Cary my xd9 unless its owb. I'll just have to deal I guess

Sucks that theres so many issues with Springfield right now. I've started hearing more and more issues about XDs and Springfield. I guess they're not as close to a glock as we had thought

Quote Originally Posted by ahernandez74 View Post
    Sucks that theres so many issues with Springfield right now. I've started hearing more and more issues about XDs and Springfield. I guess they're not as close to a glock as we had thought

I guess Glock has never had a recall then.....

Oh wait.

http://us.glock.com/customer-service...pring-exchange

And this a few years back:

The Glock G36 issue

Glock prides itself in the quality of its pistol and the quality of its manufacturing process. Despite our high standards, however, it has recently come to our attention through our quality testing efforts that a limited number of Glock Model 36 pistols may have an abnormality that could possibly interfere with the operation of the Glock trigger safety.
    Last edited by Ultra AL; 10-21-2013 at 04:13 PM.
    My Favorite Rides:
    2016 Ultra Limited
    2010 Ultra Classic
    2003 Dyna SuperGlide

FINALLY!!!!

On their website this morning:

I sent this in 10-19-2013

I've been carrying the XD(m) .40 for the most part since then. Which is fine, I guess, but it's so much heavier than the .45 XD(s), it's kind of a pain to tote around unless I open carry. It's ridiculous that it's taken this long for them to get to it. Hopefully, now that it's finally fixed, I'll have it back by the end of the week.
    My Favorite Rides:
    2016 Ultra Limited
    2010 Ultra Classic
    2003 Dyna SuperGlide

FINALLY!!!!

On their website this morning:

I sent this in 10-19-2013

I've been carrying the XD(m) .40 for the most part since then. Which is fine, I guess, but it's so much heavier than the .45 XD(s), it's kind of a pain to tote around unless I open carry. It's ridiculous that it's taken this long for them to get to it. Hopefully, now that it's finally fixed, I'll have it back by the end of the week.
    My Favorite Rides:
    2016 Ultra Limited
    2010 Ultra Classic
    2003 Dyna SuperGlide

Yep. bitter sweet Al. Gotta have patience man. But I feel your frustration.

My Kahr had a recall. They only wanted the barrel back. I suspect they were having feeding issues and intended to polish the ramp. Mine came back just like I sent it in. Certainly didn't take three months! That is crazy!