Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Can't go to GasMan's without doing a mod...

Default Can't go to GasMan's without doing a mod...

Shot over to Gasman's Garage for a quick minute to show him the new ride. Rode home with some new mag wheels! How's that for the first mod?

Here's the before shot:

And here she is after the new wheel install:

A close up of the front wheel (a little blurry):

Thanks Chris & Sean! You guys rock!!! The wheels look great & I couldn't be happier!

Anyone looking to pick up some Chrome Spoked Wheels to fit an Ultra with ABS? Let me know....
    My Favorite Rides:
    2016 Ultra Limited
    2010 Ultra Classic
    2003 Dyna SuperGlide
    1967 Bell UH-1 Iroquois(Huey)

Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

A buddy of mine said he seen you ride by the yellow jackets football practice today. You musta been testing out them new wheels... Good deal Al, I hope to see your new scoot on Saturday.
    some people just need a high five.. in the face.... with a chair......

Quote Originally Posted by Denimblack View Post
    A buddy of mine said he seen you ride by the yellow jackets football practice today. You musta been testing out them new wheels... Good deal Al, I hope to see your new scoot on Saturday.

That was me Denim! I was on the way home from GasMan's. Cool.

I hope to see you Saturday. Weather looks pretty good I think.
    My Favorite Rides:
    2016 Ultra Limited
    2010 Ultra Classic
    2003 Dyna SuperGlide

Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

What can you say about Gas, he's a genuinely good human.

I didnt like the spokes on my Heritage or Road King, so I did what you did when I had a Road King. I suspect you got a better deal than I did tho.
    _________
    Roll away the dew...

Quote Originally Posted by Kosher View Post
    What can you say about Gas, he's a genuinely good human. I suspect you got a better deal than I did tho.
    I don't know what kind of deal you got, but I do know Gas hooked me up with a great deal. He is a good guy, for sure. I love how you can go to his place, hang and talk bikes, and work on your machine with his help, his tools, and he doesn't want anything out of it other than to see a smile on your face. And Caveman is right there with him. These two guys stand out in a world that too often gets you down with all the crap and idiocy.
    My Favorite Rides:
    2016 Ultra Limited
    2010 Ultra Classic
    2003 Dyna SuperGlide

Quote Originally Posted by SuperGlide View Post
    I don't know what kind of deal you got, but I do know Gas hooked me up with a great deal. He is a good guy, for sure. I love how you can go to his place, hang and talk bikes, and work on your machine with his help, his tools, and he doesn't want anything out of it other than to see a smile on your face. And Caveman is right there with him. These two guys stand out in a world that too often gets you down with all the crap and idiocy.
    I bought used rims off hdforums.com (no tires on them), then I paid the dealer to put new rubber in that I had bought from Jake Wilson, and they put new bearings in. ABS complicates it a bit.

I assume you just kept the tires on Gas's rims, so it was a simple swap?
    _________
    Roll away the dew...

Ya know, when he told me about his possible new bike and how he didn't like the spokes, I said need not worry, I had him covered. Told him I'd take care of him on my old wheels. He thought I had just rims, and that we would have to swap over tires and rotors, etc... then today I told him NO, my old stuff is all GTG and ready to bolt up. So we decided... F it... let's do it. Told him I'd sell him the set for basically what the tires are worth. They aren't doing me any good, so make a great deal for a couple of bucks and a friend is happy. That makes us all happy happy happy!!

Here's a before shot with the old spokes.

The new mags

Then the rears, which you can see better this way than on the bike.

The rubber on mine is as good if not better than his rubber. Told him to clean up his old spokes and sell those. I bet he'll have better luck with those than I did with my mags. My mags were standard, and these spokes were upgrades. Many like the spokes but they just weren't for Al.

It was a good day, and like he said, Al's smile was great and why we do what we do at Gas Man Garage.
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

Looking good Al!! yeah...even when talking to Gas on the phone...he will still get ya to spend money!

I'd love to get a lesson on removing/replacing wheels. Big fear factor for me is rear wheel alignment. But if I can do this myself, I can save BIG BUCKS by buying tires on line, taking the wheels and tires to an indy (or can Bell Tire do moto wheels?), and slapping them back on myself.

Oh, and I need to do it on a jack, I dont have a lift.
    Last edited by Kosher; 08-28-2013 at 09:26 AM.
    _________
    Roll away the dew...

Quote Originally Posted by Kosher View Post
    I'd love to get a lesson on removing/replacing wheels. Big fear factor for me is rear wheel alignment. But if I can do this myself, I can save BIG BUCKS by buying tires on line, taking the wheels and tires to an indy (or can Bell Tire do moto wheels?), and slapping them back on myself.
    I was with you on that Kosher. I didn't have a clue how to do the rear wheel removal & re-install. But it was super easy. Alignment requires a belt tension checker, and you'll probably need an extra pair of hands to get everything lined up, but it was remarkably smooth and easy. Bring it by GasMan's garage and I'm sure it'll be done in no time! You can swing the wheels over to Biker Bob's for the tire install, then shoot back to Brownstown and get em back on the Glide.

Here I am pimping out the Garage! lol
    My Favorite Rides:
    2016 Ultra Limited
    2010 Ultra Classic
    2003 Dyna SuperGlide