Thread: No baffles

Default No baffles

So, most of you know I picked up the Ultra this week. It has the stock exhaust, but the previous owner removed the baffles.

I have a buddy with some Screaming Eagle CVO mufflers. He said he'd just give em to me if I wanted them.

He says that without the baffles, I am compromising performance bacause of improper back pressure.

What do the gurus of TWM say? Should I stay or should I go? If I stay they will be louder, if I go they will perform better?

(Bad use of a good song there, lol)

Thanks!
    My Favorite Rides:
    2016 Ultra Limited
    2010 Ultra Classic
    2003 Dyna SuperGlide
    1967 Bell UH-1 Iroquois(Huey)

Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

With those stock pipes and the taper that they provide, it shouldn't be too much of an issue of not enough back pressure. If you really want to have those CVO's you can take the baffles out and remove the fiberglass batting wrapped around them and then put the baffle back in. Then you will have the baffle providing a little back-pressure but the batting removed will give it a little more thump.
    Caveman

Here's my 10, my 2 are free

I wouldn't worry about lack of bp with the cat on that stock header. The muffler on it should be viewed as nothing more than sound control.
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

OK - cool. Thanks guys.
    My Favorite Rides:
    2016 Ultra Limited
    2010 Ultra Classic
    2003 Dyna SuperGlide
    1967 Bell UH-1 Iroquois(Huey)

Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.