Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Two Wheel Saturday - August 17th Early Bird Ride

Default Two Wheel Saturday - August 17th Early Bird Ride

This Saturday I am thinking we'll do a ride to Brooklyn and back. Eat at a little mom & pop restaurant I hear good things about called Poppa's Place.

Here are the details:

Usual Start Place and Time:

Tim Horton's in Flat Rock meetup at 6:45 am Kickstands up at 7am
    Ride to Poppa's Place in Brooklyn. Have breakfast, and ride a different loop back.

Tim Horton's Flat Rock
    27035 Telegraph Road
    Flat Rock, MI 48134

Poppa's Place
    208 S Main St,
    Brooklyn, MI 49230

The map below gives a general idea of the route. It is just about 120 miles. We should be back by 11 or so.

Let me know if you plan on riding with the early birds! We have a great time and a lot of fun riding!
    My Favorite Rides:
    2016 Ultra Limited
    2010 Ultra Classic
    2003 Dyna SuperGlide
    1967 Bell UH-1 Iroquois(Huey)

Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

Keep up the good work Al
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

I know I said this last weekend but I'm going to try and make this one. Especially if we get back that early. Pray I behave myself Friday night )

Quote Originally Posted by Guitargod View Post
    I know I said this last weekend but I'm going to try and make this one. Especially if we get back that early. Pray I behave myself Friday night )
    Rock on. Looking forward to riding with you.
    My Favorite Rides:
    2016 Ultra Limited
    2010 Ultra Classic
    2003 Dyna SuperGlide

Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

Barring any emergencies at work I'll see you Saturday. The ride you have routed and the Hillbilly at Pappa's Place both sound great.

I may try to get out there to give my new bike a good shakedown run, but im not sure if it will be back from the service department by then. You might also want to think about avoiding Brooklyn this weekend, the race is going on at M.I.S.
    Last edited by Dagnabit; 08-15-2013 at 07:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagnabit View Post
    You might also want to think about avoiding Brooklyn this weekend, the race is going on at M.I.S.
    Dagnabit is right; the Irish Hills area will be a mess this weekend due to the race at MIS. I would advise that you avoid US12 & M50 west of US23 all weekend.

Save this route for NEXT weekend so I can join you!

-Fred.
    2013 Ural Patrol
    2012 H-D XR1200x
    2003 H-D Sportster Hugger

Quote Originally Posted by beeman07 View Post
    Dagnabit is right; the Irish Hills area will be a mess this weekend due to the race at MIS. I would advise that you avoid US12 & M50 west of US23 all weekend.

Save this route for NEXT weekend so I can join you!

-Fred.
    OK - well, I heard it from a friend of a guy whose brother-in-law's uncles used to work at the speedway filling tires on the handicapped strollers that this weekend should be fine.

Seriously, I think we'll be ok. We are going before the crowds will be heading out, and we'll be heading the opposite direction from the milling masses as they descend upon Brooklyn. Worse comes to worse, we'll turn off on some other road and head north. Or south. Or something. Who's with me?

Fred, we can do this route again in a few when you are available.
    My Favorite Rides:
    2016 Ultra Limited
    2010 Ultra Classic
    2003 Dyna SuperGlide

Quote Originally Posted by SuperGlide View Post
    OK - well, I heard it from a friend of a guy whose brother-in-law's uncles used to work at the speedway filling tires on the handicapped strollers that this weekend should be fine.

Seriously, I think we'll be ok. We are going before the crowds will be heading out, and we'll be heading the opposite direction from the milling masses as they descend upon Brooklyn. Worse comes to worse, we'll turn off on some other road and head north. Or south. Or something. Who's with me?

Fred, we can do this route again in a few when you are available.
    I'm in! Will be on my black V-Strom

FYI gates at the track open @ 7am. Watch your speed around there - will be a million LEOs in the area.

I am tempted to go on this ride because I have an 11am meeting in Birmingham and I think I could still make that but god damn I don't want to get up that early on a Saturday. I don't even get up that early for work everyday. Only hunting and trackdays will see me get out of bed that early.
    Redline Superbike
    http://www.redlinesuperbike.com/

Learn about photography: ATP Members