Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sturgis 2013 (picture heavy)

Default Sturgis 2013 (picture heavy)

So as many may know, I was talked into and went along with trailoring my TOURING BIKE!!!! So, any how.... this is some of the pix that tell the story....

All set and ready to roll... Thursday Aug 1st about 7pm. Pulling out.

In order, My BIL, SIL, Wife, and I

We arrived and unloaded about 3pm Friday. NOT bad time considering we BEER shopped and ate breakfast before arriving.

Since we drove straight through, we took it easy Friday night, Went and watched Queensryche. (former fan) They showed up 45 min. late. I wasn't impressed since I was running on about 1 hours sleep in 38 hours. They didn't start playing till 1115pm. Sounded good... but F them! I only took a few pix

Saturday morning woke rested and headed out for the Badlands.

An old Saloon we used to stop at, now it's closed... Scenic SD

Old jailhouse in Scenic

The Wagon Wheel banner, we stopped for a beer, but it's NOTHING to take pix of, dirty hole in the wall, in Interior SD

We rode into Wall, then back to Sturgis for supper and more concerts, (Buchcherry, Pop Evil, The Cult and lots of beer. (forgot camera)

Sunday we got up bright eyed and blurry...met another group for a ride to Hulett WY. Devils Tower, and Spearfish Canyon.

First stop Stone House Saloon. Somewhere between Belle Forche SD and Hulett WY

Leading the group to Devils Tower.

Our Group behind the store enjoying an adult beverage, and ice cream.

There were no real good concerts we were interested at the Buffalo Chip that night, so we went home parked our bikes and went DT on a bus for some bar time.

Last edited by Chain; 08-13-2013 at 12:11 PM.

Monday.... KID ROCK day! We stayed close to thepark... still managed to put 100 miles down, but it was a slow day... It rainedHARD, Kid Rock continued to play, But we didn't pull the camera out, only whenwe were hiding under the vendors awnings....

Our"Papa Steve" and my wife, before it started pouring. (he's our roaddad, keeps us in check, most the time)

Tuesday. Road to Mt Rushmore and through Needles.

YOu can barely see a guy hanging off the side... dumb ass.

Wednesday. No panties Wednesday in Hulett, so weheaded out to Montana to the Stoneville Saloon, then to Hulett WY.

Hulett WY

Returned back to the camp, watched Mastodon, AndROB (Mother Fn) ZOMBIE. (if you've never seen his show?!?! your missing out.You don't even have to like his music, this is our 3rd time, and will see himevery time we can)

Thursday headed out to Reeding ND, what a longlonely road! North on 79 out of Sturgis.

Hoover SD Population 3!!!

A neat place we found on our return to Sturgis, it's call Spur Creek Saloon. Its about 30 miles north on 79 http://www.spurcreeksaloon.com/

Friday... our day to return... quick trip to DTSturgis, for some last minute deals, and a last farewell for our buddy for thisyear at least, and to Deadwood.
    DTSturgis was actually dead...

Deadwood was dead too... no pun

Funny

Our Brother, taken too soon... God Bless him. Forever in Sturgis, right in front of the Motorcycle museum in Sturgis

All in all it was a GREAT trip with some great people. We wanted to get close to 2k while we were out there, but ended with 1200, little disappointed, but we had some issues, (well, some people did, not us)

Weather was mild, good for riding. Never rained on us while we were on the skoots. But did every night after our return to camp.

Tons more pix, but I picked the best... that were safe...
    Last edited by Chain; 08-13-2013 at 12:41 PM.

Cool pic's Shane! Thanks for sharing....glad you guys had a good time! bad ass scenery for sure...

holy shit what a trip. And yes Rob Zombie fucking rocks. He is bad ass for sure. Seen white zombie a few times and rob zombie a few times - always a great show. I saw the "other" Queensyche with Geoff Tate in Detroit a couple months back and they rocked.
    Redline Superbike
    http://www.redlinesuperbike.com/

Learn about photography: ATP Members

Quote Originally Posted by Mudpuppy View Post
    holy shit what a trip. And yes Rob Zombie fucking rocks. He is bad ass for sure. Seen white zombie a few times and rob zombie a few times - always a great show. I saw the "other" Queensyche with Geoff Tate in Detroit a couple months back and they rocked.

Yeah, Tate is way better, this guy (Tood??) was good, but I think they were too busy getting fucked up in the back to care about showing up on time!

Shane, Im sorry we didnt have a chance to hook up. Honestly some other friends from MI were quite persistent in connecting with me - oh well, next year then!
    _________
    Roll away the dew...

Quote Originally Posted by Kosher View Post
    Shane, Im sorry we didnt have a chance to hook up. Honestly some other friends from MI were quite persistent in connecting with me - oh well, next year then!
    No problem, I know how it is, we've went the last several times with separate groups... it's hard to coordinate. Sounds funny, but you get that many people and it's just hard...

Wow great pix!!