Thread: Just bought these Bates boots

Default Just bought these Bates boots

http://www.zappos.com/bates-riding-c...fcTest=fcl%3A0

(well, actually from Tacticalgear.com, Zappos didnt have my size).

I like my existing boots fine, but I'm getting tired of lacing up my boots each time.

Has anyone worn Bates boots?
    _________
    Roll away the dew...

I have a set of boots made by Bates. Nice American made boots.

Bates are great!
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

I have a pair of their RAT boots, rode 1600+miles with 'em. Pretty comfortable and they dry out pretty quick as well.
    "Too smart for the low brows, too crude for the highbrows."
    "Malo periculosum libertatem quam quietum servitium."
    "I prefer liberty with danger to peace with slavery."

I have a pair of Rocky very similar and love them. Light weight and waterproof. Most tactical boots second as great riding boots.
    I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children can live in peace.
    Thomas Payne

Bates are so so... At least for how I wear them... I wear my bates every day (some days they stay on 12-24 hours while working at the FD depending in how busy we are). That being said... They don't hold up very well under the conditions I put them through.

Depending on what kind of boot your looking for and how often you'd wear them, Underarmor makes a great "summer" boot. It's mesh and ventilates good and if you water-proof them your all set for the summer. Cost is about $100

if your looking for a "winter" leather boot - Haix has great durable boots. But the only thing is, you'll pay for it in the price. The pair I wear set me back almost $300 (but mind you I wear them into burning buildings) but they have lasted me 3 years now and I'm just now getting to the point where ill need new ones by winter.

Been wearing Bates for years. Wolverine in GR makes them. One pair will last me 5-6 years in a shop with cutting oils and coolants which can be hell on boots. and like mentioned before, I have these on after a 11 hour work day, 2 hour commute, and till I retire for the night, sometimes there on for 18-20 hours... I wear the Durashock light weight boots. And my next pair will be there riding boots. I have a friend that works at Wolverine and there phasing there HD boots from that place, so I will bet Bates for riding now.
    Last edited by Chain; 08-11-2013 at 10:22 AM.

I like my bates and like firetaz I wear my boots 24 hours a day at work for about 80 hours a week and I wear them on the bike too. My last pair last about 3 years and I walked through the bottom the rest of the boot looked great. My new pair of bates are the delta 6's with the vibram sole and the comfort system in the heal. I've had them for a little over a year and other than the mark the dog put in them they look brand new even after the past two weeks beating them up on the trails with the quads.
    Formerly known as Rugby66x