Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: TWC - Saturday Mass - 08/03/2013

See ya at 10am at the Shell. Sounds like a nice ride. MRP is a good leader, and you ride OK too, lol.

Iím in for your epic WSL ride. I can be at US 23 & NorthTerritorial by 10:00 am .
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by sprink View Post
    See ya at 10am at the Shell. Sounds like a nice ride. MRP is a good leader, and you ride OK too, lol.
    Thanks sprink, lol. As long as we don't go over 25mph I am good.

Quote Originally Posted by owl View Post
    I’m in for your epic WSL ride. I can be at US 23 & NorthTerritorial by 10:00 am .
    Jim
    Cool man - see you at 10am.
    Redline Superbike
    http://www.redlinesuperbike.com/

Learn about photography: ATP Members

Quote Originally Posted by owl View Post
    I’m in for your epic WSL ride. I can be at US 23 & NorthTerritorial by 10:00 am .
    Jim
    Good to see you again Jim! Hope your ride was good today!
    My Favorite Rides:
    2016 Ultra Limited
    2010 Ultra Classic
    2003 Dyna SuperGlide
    1967 Bell UH-1 Iroquois(Huey)

Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

TWO WHEEL MASS RIDE REPORT - 8/3/2013 - 208 miles.

I am beat. But what a day of riding. It was a day full of "firsts".

Left home a little after 7am. Rode 10 or so miles to Milan in dense fog. Couldn't see a damn thing. Misjudged a sharp turn, fixated on a pothole, and found myself riding in the weeds next to the road. That was a first. I thought to myself, "so, this is how I put my bike down for the first time", but managed to keep it upright. Good for me.

Met the early morning crew at the Shell in Milan and road to Big Boy in Chelsea. Another first: riding in a group of more than three bikes! Yee-ha!

Pack continues from Chelsea to 10am meeting spot at cruising speed. Not unexpected.

I get a little bewildered and anxious when meeting new people and going places that I've never been; so I wasn't in my right mind when the pack(s) rolled out to start Two Wheel Mass. Just as I left the parking lot I realized that I had unwittingly joined the sport bike crew, but I had to save face; I couldn't just pull over and wait to join the cruisers. I had to commit. And that's when the fun started. Here's a quick summary of that section of the ride: zoom, "shit!", zoom, move over for bicycle, corner, GRAVEL!, corner, zoom, slow truck, corner, pucker, corner, corner, SCREEEECH!!!, zoom, gotta pee, need gas.

My apologies to the sport bike guys for bailing out during the second loop of the run. My bike and I were both out of gas. I had a blast riding with you guys, so if you can handle having an H-D ride with you again, I'll be back. More firsts: This was the first time I took the XR for a truly spirited ride, so it was also the first time I took a spirited group ride. The cruisers don't know what they're missing!

Anywho, after bailing I wandered through the countryside for a while until I could get my head together and decided to find the Beach Bar to see if the other pack was still there (it was nearly 2pm by this point). Ran into a few guys that were leaving to ride to Town & Country, so off we went. Too late for the free food, but we got to see lots of bikes and knock back a late lunch at the Artesian Wells.

Followed by a nice ride down US12 to home by 4pm. Good times.

In summary: I had a blast. I pushed my XR1200x hard today; but I pushed myself even harder.

Let's do it again.

-Fred.

One of these things is not like the other ones...
    Last edited by beeman07; 08-03-2013 at 06:34 PM. Reason: added pic
    2013 Ural Patrol
    2012 H-D XR1200x
    2003 H-D Sportster Hugger

Hey Al it was good to see you also. I had a great ridetoday, 211 miles and a tank of fuel.
    Thanks Greg. It was nice to have someone to follow throughHell and wherever. Good lunch and great conversation.

After bad start to the day (getting called to work as I was preparing to leave for a leisurely ride out to Shell ), I did make it there before the group left.

Soon as I took off my helmet I was asked to lead the cruiser group. The ride out, even hauling ass on the slab, had cleared my mind about work, so OK!

Sport bikes started out first and I was surprised to see beeman07 pull into the back of that group, but I thought, "why not, XR1200...I would too"! I have ridden with that group before and they accept the sportster as well as the Buell, but the sporster does get more grief, lol.

I remembered the whole route to the first scheduled stop, that went well. When I was asked if I knew the way to Beach Bar, ahh not so much. Luckily Denimblack led the way by GPS. We beat the sport bikes by an hour! I know they took the LONG way to get there, but it was amusing to me.

Nice lunch at Beach Bar and a nice ride back with "owl".

This is the only time we spent together after we left, obligatory group bike photos.....

Well It was an absolute blast. In total I did 249 miles for the day. Some of them roads were stellar. Thanks to all for making myself and my group of 5 others feel welcome. Beeman, sprink, owl, mudpuppy and Superglide it was nice riding with ya. If I forgot anyone I apologize. Sorry I missed Artesian wells, I had to break off from the ride just before 2 pm. My wife had informed me that we had a graduation party at 3pm.... Lol well I hauled balls and made it home in record time... Thanks agin to all an I'll post up some pics when I get to a computer. Can't wait to do it again! Theres only 1 regret I have about today though.... My arms are fried!!! I forgot the sunscreen at home, that won't happen again!
    Last edited by Denimblack; 08-03-2013 at 08:19 PM.
    some people just need a high five.. in the face.... with a chair......

Glad you guys had a good ride! Thanks for sharing the pics

Now that sounds like an epic 2nd leg of the ride. Love the Beeman report! The HD hanging with the sportbikes was probably a blast to see.

good hanging with you guys today. Gotta come up with another one for next week.......
    My Favorite Rides:
    2016 Ultra Limited
    2010 Ultra Classic
    2003 Dyna SuperGlide
    1967 Bell UH-1 Iroquois(Huey)

Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.