Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ride Like a Pro Course...Interest?

Default Ride Like a Pro Course...Interest?

Would there be anyone interested in taking a Ride Like A Pro Course?
    Here is some of the info.:
    https://www.ridelikeapro.com/html/SignUpForm.html

I've been talking to Gary, who does it in Southfield, MI. He said if I could get a guaranteed class of 10-12 people put together he'd lower the price from $150 to $125. It's like 4 hours long and they focus on a lot of low speed stuff. If we don't get a group I'm probably for sure doing this sometime this year anyway on my own but wanted to see if anyone here is interested. If you think people on other sites might be interested send them to this thread and tell them to chime in as well.

Thanks

That's cool. Do they provide a bike? They better for that price.
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

Do they offer any "How to Ride like Your Wanted in 43 States" classes???
    A bike on the road is worth two in the garage.

I would be interested, but do they provide the bike?

I think I may look into becoming MSF instruction certified... and this may be a good start. I know I can ride fast, but slow (5-8MPH figure 8's) I need more practice.
    Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy Sh*t... WHAT A RIDE!"

No, you'll need a bike.

We get out and practice once in awhile, I actually draw an 18 by 30 foot box in a parking lot and do figure 8s in em, fine tuning the old clutch/throttle/body position thing, and then just practice other stuff like emergency braking and sudden swerving manuevers whenever I'm alone on the road at a lil higher speeds. Monica hates seein me swerve back n forth like an idiot on the roads or on and off ramps like that, but they do serve a purpose besides being fun. It pays to stay well versed at things, you get rusty after being off your bike for a few months, you need to get re acquainted! The course you mention here is an excellent one, I wish I had the money right now, I'd be in. Certainly can't hurt!
    Last edited by B-Kinger; 04-21-2009 at 09:56 PM.

FUCK that... I'm not taking my new bike to a class like that!
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Custom don't bolt on!"

Ha ha, I understand! But, if ya learn how to do certain things on another bike, when those skills are called upon later on while on your own bike, it may feel quite akward. You're better off learning to do stuff on the bike you intend to ride the most. You'd be fine using your own bike anyways, don't sweat it. It would have been difficult on your Big Dog, but not the Ultra. Shorter wheel base and that bike carries it's weight down low. No problemo, man.

NOPE. not doing it on a brand new $24k bike. No fuckin way. Maybe after a few years...

At that price I might as well spend a few extra and take the advantace coarse at the HD dealer when they provide a bike.
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Custom don't bolt on!"

It's not like I hate seeing him (B-Kinger/Mike) swish all over the road, I know he's a great rider and handles that bike, or any I've seen him on so far, like it's weightless, just throws 'em around like nothing. I just usually get startled for the first second cuz I think he's avoiding something in the road, until I realize he's just playing. Just wanted to explain that there.....and you could say I'm rather jealous. Practice practice practice.......
    Last edited by Twisted; 04-22-2009 at 06:56 AM.
    A bike on the road is worth two in the garage.