Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: U.P. 2013 - 5 great guys on an Epic adventure {PIC EXTREME}

Quote Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
    I'm ok... nursing all kinds of soreness. Going to give it a couple of days and if not better will make a regular dr appt.

Complete new fairing will be needed, as well as braces inside I'm sure. It's completely cocked.
    Front fender was demolished
    front fork fender mounts broke off
    headlight and both spots are destroyed
    one of the front blinkers got imbedded in the deer
    gas tank dented
    tourpack & right side bag rashed
    side bag gaurds mangled
    drivers right floor board jacked up
    engine crash bar bent
    highway peg f'ed

It will be a hefty repair...
    Its never a matter of if you go down ...... Its when. You live to ride another day!

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgrider View Post
    Its never a matter of if you go down ...... Its when. You live to ride another day!
    Yup!!!!

First, Glad your OK GM!

We've had so many close calls, specially up there (so few up there, you'd think it'd NOT be the case)... it's just a matter of time. When you put the miles on, it's almost eminent. I know at least 3 we ride with that have hit deer in the last 2 years...

Looking forward to pics!

This was a seriously great trip! Everything came together to help Chris get through his deer ordeal with only minor bumps and scrapes. As others said it could have been much worse. It was great to hang with you guys and get to know you better. We did have some fun around the camp fires. 2400 miles in 5 days for me with 790 for my trip home yesterday. Last 2 hours kinda sucked with a light rain. Got home about midnight, sipped a little Gentleman Jack to unwind and hit the sack. You guys need to come to NY when time permits and I will show you around this state. Thanks for putting this trip together Chris!
    I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children can live in peace.
    Thomas Payne

Dude that totally sucks about the deer. Glad you are ok. Glad you had a good time otherwise. Saw the pics on fb. Looks like an epic journey.

Quote of the week: "I put miles down" - Gasman.
    Redline Superbike
    http://www.redlinesuperbike.com/

Learn about photography: ATP Members

Yeah... two things will come out of this going forward...

1. I'm looking at installing a electronic deer siren.
    2. I may keep my HD out of the U.P.

Hawg... you're 100% right and this wasn't my first time either. Just get back on the (steel) horse and ride on.

I'm always surprised that I'm usually pretty cool and collected when the pressure is on. My only problem was I could sit still enough to concentrate on removing the front fender. My edenaline was just pumping too much, so I had to leave it to Nate and the guys. We really enjoyed hearing everybody's POV on the accident and we all got a good laugh about it after the fact.

My body felt pretty beat up this morning but seems to be coming around as the day goes on... been first aiding my little rash on my stomach near my belt, and gimping the wrist sprain along. If the wrist doesn't get better by thur/fri I'm going to go to my regular doc.

Called insurance and got that ball rolling today... we'll see if Progressive does everything they say they will. I am still trying to get the police report, but it doesn't seem like the insurance cares as long as there is deer fur on the bike, which there is.

Today got away from me with my biz travel to Pitt... I'll post the pics tomrorrow, sorry gents...
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

I have a photo of the deer incident

Potm!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
    Yeah... two things will come out of this going forward...

1. I'm looking at installing a electronic deer siren.
    2. I may keep my HD out of the U.P.

Hawg... you're 100% right and this wasn't my first time either. Just get back on the (steel) horse and ride on.
    Been there myself once or twice..... actually twice! Deer whistles work..... At least for me. Did several years in northern Wi. on the south shore of lake Superior.
    Deer herds up there in those days were plentiful. Never hit a deer. All the locals had them on their cages and bikes. Just regular stick on deer whistles they came in a package of two. Use them both. Their will be nay sayers But like I said did several years up there and never even had a close call.

I will be looking at those deer whistles also. Like Caveman I never saw anyone go down and it was some scary shit. Emotions went from WTF to just hoping Chris made it through to getting tears in my eyes when I saw him up and walking. This all took place in just a couple of seconds. We all know the risks when we saddle up but when the breeze starts and the smiles begin it somehow makes it an acceptable risk. Ride safe everyone.
    I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children can live in peace.
    Thomas Payne

Sorry about your get off Chris, glad you're ok.