Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: U.P. 2013 - 5 great guys on an Epic adventure {PIC EXTREME}

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default U.P. 2013 - 5 great guys on an Epic adventure {PIC EXTREME}

Friday myself, Nasty Nate, Caveman, Bagger Dave, and Mad Dog set out to the U.P. on an epic adventure... the story line emulates that of Wild Hogs in many aspects but we are much cooler and walked the line between the good guys and the gang.

The rough layout of the trip shown here on a google map.

Mad Dog obviously did more being he rode in from NY. Dave did a few more probably due to his ride down from Port Urine...

I did a few over 1600 just as predicted.

Some short cliff notes...

I love camping off my bike
    M22 & M26 are amazing roads, some of 41 isn't bad either.
    I hit a deer at 65mph and had a hard crash
    I then rode my gimped bike with my gimped body for the remaining of the trip & about 500 miles.
    Other than my off Sunday afternoon, we had a great trip.
    As I'm typing this Dreamy Don (Mad Dog) should be arriving home.

I have tons of pics and a more precise timeline to come... but it's late and I want to go to sleep in my own bed.

I have my pics downloaded off the camera and iphone, and uploaded to PB... just need to assemble and add here.
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

sucks about the deer, did you keep it? lol can't wait for some pic's

I didn't keep it. Offered it to the tribe police we called but he didn't want it either...

No where for me to put it on my bike... and all the bikes were loaded up. Sucks but under the circumstances not much I could do about it.
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Custom don't bolt on!"

Sucks man hope your not too banged up. Hows the bike?

I'm ok... nursing all kinds of soreness. Going to give it a couple of days and if not better will make a regular dr appt.

Complete new fairing will be needed, as well as braces inside I'm sure. It's completely cocked.
    Front fender was demolished
    front fork fender mounts broke off
    headlight and both spots are destroyed
    one of the front blinkers got imbedded in the deer
    gas tank dented
    tourpack & right side bag rashed
    side bag gaurds mangled
    drivers right floor board jacked up
    engine crash bar bent
    highway peg f'ed

It will be a hefty repair...
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Custom don't bolt on!"

Quote Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
    I'm ok... nursing all kinds of soreness. Going to give it a couple of days and if not better will make a regular dr appt.

Complete new fairing will be needed, as well as braces inside I'm sure. It's completely cocked.
    Front fender was demolished
    front fork fender mounts broke off
    headlight and both spots are destroyed
    one of the front blinkers got imbedded in the deer
    gas tank dented
    tourpack & right side bag rashed
    side bag gaurds mangled
    drivers right floor board jacked up
    engine crash bar bent
    highway peg f'ed

It will be a hefty repair...
    Its never a matter of if you go down ...... Its when. You live to ride another day!

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgrider View Post
    Its never a matter of if you go down ...... Its when. You live to ride another day!
    Yup!!!!

First, Glad your OK GM!

We've had so many close calls, specially up there (so few up there, you'd think it'd NOT be the case)... it's just a matter of time. When you put the miles on, it's almost eminent. I know at least 3 we ride with that have hit deer in the last 2 years...

Looking forward to pics!

Wow glad your ok man.

I have never seen another biker crash in person and I hope I never do (knocking on wood), let alone see a bike hit a deer. It was amazing and terrible all at once. It keeps replaying in my mind, too, very unnerving. Seeing Gas sliding to a stop and then seeing the bike, sparks flying, to a stop on wrong side of road was crazy. Then the five us sprang into action getting the bike assessed and back to rolling condition. When I asked a local to call the police for the report he said it sounded like a tire blow out, I figured it was either the deer impact or the impact of the bike on the ground. Gotta hand it to Gas though kept cool, and wanted get bike rolling so we could move on with trip. I can only hope I would have done the same.
    The trip, however, was epic. Had a great time getting to know Mad Dog, and Chopper Dave better around the campfire with some liquid refreshment. You always seem to bond with people when you spend four days and 1600 miles with them. We got see some great roads (m-26) and a really craterous road(Brockway Mtn Drive). Great sites, and some serious woodtick individuals out there.
    Cant wait to head out for another great ride.
    Caveman

Here's my 10, my 2 are free

It was definitely a trip to remember! when I got home yesterday evening...I did 1738 miles...I rode to Gas Man's Thursday morning....and hung out there the day before we left.
    I was riding in the back and seen everything when Gas smoked that deer! I'm just glad it he was ok ...it could have been alot worse.
    Glad everyone made it home safe....I unloaded my bike last night and pulled it in the garage....I have to work today...going to wash the bike and take off my tour pack and shit tomorrow on my day off... looking forward to more great rides!