Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Car change up at Gas Man Garage

Cool Car change up at Gas Man Garage

Due to my job change and then getting a company car, we switched around the household cars. Here's that story...

Traded in the wife's Fiesta and my Volvo and leased her a new Fusion Titanium all loaded up.

At the dealer

With my company rental car (till my real car becomes available)

Had the windows tinted lightly (20 rear 50 front) on Fusion

Of course I did stuff to it... like rip the front bumper off to HID out the projection headlights and fogs

Also LED out the white lights outside the car, like the front markers, reverse, and plate lights

Dull

LED

So that left me with the company car, that I can't drive any non-work people in, I can't take it for anything non-work related, with the exception of stopping on my way home. But can't be "going home" from Detroit and get in an accident in Novi. So I need a 2nd car for the gaps when the wife is still at work and such.

Want a cheap beater $4k-$5k... was thinking old Jeep (97-04) time frame... it would be a convertible (which is fun), 4x4 for winter, and cheap/easy to work on. Couldn't find one like I wanted... looked at a few on craiglist but for some reason this summer they want too much for their condition. Then I had 2 "I can't F'in believe these morons!" in one day back to back..

Drove to St. Claire Shores for a 4.0 liter 5 speed TJ... got there and beyond it's roughness... open the hood and it's a 4 CYLINDER NOT A 4 LITER! JACKASS! Drive to another in Belleville and it's BEAT DOWN... but we open the hood and HOLY FUCK... same problem!! is this the new jeep scam? Hope you won't notice? Ass munkey!

Then a friend of mine puts a 1991 Mustang LX 5.0 for sale on Facebook for his boss (the car owner). 32,XXX original miles, 3 year old Earl Shibe paint job (to go over the dull non-clear coated original), NO I mean NO rust anywhere, great clean interior, cherry engine bay... Owner originally had it listed at $5500 (where it should be for the miles), but my buddy said $4500. I offered $4000 and we settled on $4250 and they'd deliever it. I bought it...

It's not perfect... speedo resistor spring behind the guage is broke so the speedo is useless bouncing. The odometer still works perfectly that's why we believe it's not the cable. The convertibles are known for their bad common grounds so we hope that will fix the next set of issues.

Gas & temp gauge are INOP
    passenger door window button INOP
    passenger door lock button INOP (unlock works)
    power mirrors only go down

It could be the ground, or switches or ???

going to take it to an electrical shop to get checked out. It needs a set of front tires so I'm going today after work to get a set of almost new (used) tires put on for $100.

But otherwise I'm excited about both cars. The fusion is super super nice, with it's ecoboost 4, upgraded wheels, titanium tail lights & exhaust, touch screen navigation... we love it.

The mustang is going to be my "beater" as it's not used for going to work or much else other than running over to someones house (when not on the bike) or when the wife and I want to enjoy the drop top.

What ya think guys? I do alright?
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

Good score!

Sweet!

I think you did alright, but you will still need the jeep for winter!

Nice work Chris. Sounds like a pretty solid deal.
    -Mason

"People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs." - Unknown

I use to be a cockblock!!

Score !!!!

You did good on both cars.....that fusion is just awesome !!!! Period! The mustang also looks sweet and cant beat the price. Besides, you'll have it in a hundred pieces soon doing some kinda shit to it.....lol

That is one sweet ride Chris!
    My Favorite Rides:
    2016 Ultra Limited
    2010 Ultra Classic
    2003 Dyna SuperGlide
    1967 Bell UH-1 Iroquois(Huey)

Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

Quote Originally Posted by sprink View Post
    I think you did alright, but you will still need the jeep for winter!
    I don't think so... don't plan on driving it too overly much. Not needing it to get to work helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Moesride View Post
    You did good on both cars.....that fusion is just awesome !!!! Period! The mustang also looks sweet and cant beat the price. Besides, you'll have it in a hundred pieces soon doing some kinda shit to it.....lol
    Thanks....

For me, I have a list of TLC items... I'm fixing some things and adding more things as I go. Maybe working on this will keep me from tinkering with the wife's fusion more.

Today: Fixed the center high mount brake light, recharged the A/C (cold for now, we will see for how long), fixed the rear view mirror falling off, and replaced the worn out wipers. But as I said, I'm adding things to the list too. Getting 2 new front tires tomorrow.
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

Nice ride noe fix it up and flip it!