Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Almost Heaven, West Virginia.........

Nice!!!!!! Love it down there! Last year we rode up through there, but never really took the time needed to venture out. This year after Sturgis is our plan! Thanks for the pics!

Looks like a fun trip! Definitely need to get some WV miles in at some point.

Chain, whats your Sturgis plan? I'm leaving on the first, staying with a friend in Chicago, then on friday heading to Mankato, MN via US14 on the 2nd, and I'm going to blast over to Blackhawk where I'm staying via 90 on Saturday.
    _________
    Roll away the dew...

Quote Originally Posted by Kosher View Post
    Looks like a fun trip! Definitely need to get some WV miles in at some point.

Chain, whats your Sturgis plan? I'm leaving on the first, staying with a friend in Chicago, then on friday heading to Mankato, MN via US14 on the 2nd, and I'm going to blast over to Blackhawk where I'm staying via 90 on Saturday.
    Kosher, it changed AGAIN... My BIL don't want to make the ride again, so he said F it and bought a trailer... He made sense however in his argument and convinced me to also trailer. SHHHH! Don't tell anyone I'm trailering my TOURING bike!

We are leaving on the 2nd and driving straight through. Between me my BIL, SIL and wife we'll take turns driving the truck and trailer if needed... Were staying at the Chip again. Heading home on the 9th.

Heading straight through with different drivers is definately a faster route in option.
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

Nice pigs Greg......thanks for sharing. Looks like Burt Reynolds on your bike...lol

Well, I made it to Boyer Station and met back up with Greg. Of course I had to take a detour to meet one of our other forum members, from Austrailia over in Penn. then down to Orlando to meet another member from S. Africa, hear on vacation as well. Did manage 4,489 miles in 8 days on a naked Sportster but if the truth be known it was kicking my ass near the end. Both the bike and I started the run in a semi-crippled condition, but we did finish it.
    Old age and treachery ALWAYS overcome youth and skill! Growing old is mandatory- growing up is OPTIONAL! I.B.A. #26543.

Quote Originally Posted by SportstersPaul View Post
    No mention of Greg ditching the rest of his group just to off and do a solo. And what happens in Boyer Station, well, it just stays there. Some mighty fine roads over there just try to stay off the dirt and gravel ones.
    I volunteered to run sweep even though I knew it would mean a slow pace, because I had raced around the twisties pretty hard the whole day before. As happens in a big group, riders had much different paces. One couple drifted to the back and then gradually we lost sight of the group. Got to the first junction......no group waiting. Made the obvious choice of turns and continued on. Got to the next junction......no one waiting.......The couple and I decided to just make our own ride. After a while they decided they wanted to go to a Hog Fest in the area, so plan "C" was my ride to Seneca Rocks by myself.

Still trying to think of a way to explain how the group should have behaved without sounding as pissed off as I was, and without seeming to call anyone out about it.

Anyone got a link to a description of how the last rider waits at the corner if the group moves on? I know you can't have 18 bikes wait at a corner.

Quote Originally Posted by Moesride View Post
    Nice pigs Greg......thanks for sharing. Looks like Burt Reynolds on your bike...lol
    Not my bike!

Quote Originally Posted by SportstersPaul View Post
    Well, I made it to Boyer Station and met back up with Greg. Of course I had to take a detour to meet one of our other forum members, from Austrailia over in Penn. then down to Orlando to meet another member from S. Africa, hear on vacation as well. Did manage 4,489 miles in 8 days on a naked Sportster but if the truth be known it was kicking my ass near the end. Both the bike and I started the run in a semi-crippled condition, but we did finish it.
    You certainly road the farthest Paul, but Tracey who flew in from Australia still traveled the farthest. Ironic she got the "Steve Irwin" award.

Kudos to you for picking out a great return route home, I can see more trips to southeastern Ohio coming up in the near future!
    Old age and treachery ALWAYS overcome youth and skill! Growing old is mandatory- growing up is OPTIONAL! I.B.A. #26543.