Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Saturday

Default Saturday

It is supposed to be awesome weather... anyone up for a WSL ride?

I think we need someone that knows the roads... but... I'm game.
    Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy Sh*t... WHAT A RIDE!"

I'm interested and know my way around pretty well.

I normally would but i think the wife is gg out with me. it will be her first ride on the new bike n first ride of the season, she will want a just us ride i'm sure
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

Cool cool. So, noon meeting time, same location as last time. That parking lot in northville across the street from the racetrack.

Does that work?
    Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy Sh*t... WHAT A RIDE!"

I just found out I'm not working Friday. It's rather sudden, but Monica and I are actually heading out to Tawas to meet some members of our occasional riding group, the Freedom Cruisers (FCRC) Chapter 20, Friday before noon, for an impromptu road trip. We're staying the night somewhere out there, or possibly in Houghton, and heading back home by Saturday afternoon. My buddy Marco will also be down Saturday on his new Concours 1400, wanting to hook up and ride with us. I'm hoping to take him out to the WSL if possible, but I'm just not sure exactly when we'll be back in town Saturday. Any takers for Friday?

Change of plans... i forgot I have a commitment I made a few weeks back at noon also... so, change of plans.

Bummer... Oh well, we'll do it some other time.

Hope some others get to ride.

I just had 4 of my wisdom teeth extracted. I'll probably be feeling better but I'm not getting on a bike with all this medication in me. LOL

Good idea Bob.... keep the gauze changed and clean for at least 48 hours and no spitting or sipping from a straw.

Try to keep pressure out of your mouth, any movements that may move the blood clots... that way you can avoid dry sockets.

Good luck...

Took me a week to get back on the bike.

what is the WSL? west side loop? where exactly is it/does it run from/to? THanks
    1995 Honda Magna VF750C

There will probably be other explanations but the WSL (West Side Loop) probably begins in Plymouth, at the start of North Territorial Road, which heads west, to end at M-52, just north of Chelsea. At the intersection of North Territorial & U.S. 23, you can swing south to Ann Arbor or north to the Brighton/Howell areas.

West of U.S. 23, you can head to Dexter, Chelsea, or Hell. Or to the Waterloo or Pinckney Recreation areas. One of my favorite rides is to take N.Territorial to the end, go north on M-52 to Dexter Trail, and head west to Mason for a burger and beverage at the Mason Jar pub.