Thread: The Governors Security

Default The Governors Security

So the governor comes to town yesterday but does not like to make his presence well known cause he knows he will get demonstrators over the gun issues in this state. I make a couple calls and find out he is going to be at the University of Buffalo at 9:30am. So I get off work at 9am and head for the campus while making calls to try and get some troops to join me. 5 minutes after I get there sure as shit here comes his motorcade. So I walk to where it looks like he will stop and get out (The orange cones and G-Men in suites gave it away) and we both arrive there at the same time and as he exits I yell "Governor, why won't you repeal The SAFE Act"? Well the shit hit the fan cause I was only about 30 feet away at this point. I then realized that they did not know I was there and I had surprised his security detail. Two guys in suites headed my way at a high rate with one of them holding the left side of his jacket open. They demanded I keep moving, my hands went up to shoulder height and I left the area. I then met up with a couple of supporters that arrived about 20 minutes later and I went back with them to welcome the governor out of his meeting about a half an hour later. I made sure they saw me coming this time and we were held about 75 feet away with a state trooper standing with us. Moral to the story: Don't assume just because someone is in a place of power and authority that they know what the fuck are doing. I should have never made it that close without being detected. I will make sure it doesn't happen again. Not a good feeling.
    I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children can live in peace.
    Thomas Payne

I would have loved to see that. Not your fault they didn't see you sooner, they suck at their jobs as a security detail. Trust me I know, I worked security here at the nuc plant that I work at now as an operator. I was never caught unawares and there are a million different nooks and craneys that I have been in as an operator and I have popped out when no one knew I was there except the guard. head has to be on a swivel as a security man. and had that fool drawn down on you, you would have been righ to sue for undue force. but that may fuel his fire on his case with the SAFE act. oh well, my two cents. but good for you, Don.
    Caveman

Here's my 10, my 2 are free

Yeah Cave these guys were sleeping. They drove right past me on a narrow 1 lane in the middle of the campus at maybe 10 mph. When they stopped all the G-men got out then the gov. I was stopped at this point on the opposite side. I don't think they ever scanned the area. Tough to get good help these days.
    I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children can live in peace.
    Thomas Payne

Yikes!!!! That is scary shit! Surprise to them guys can end NOT so well... I bet you had a rush... for a second!

Wow. Well, I guess it's not too unbelieveable. The governor shouldn't have too much security anyway. If anything, they're probably just some random guys who picked up the ' sweet gig '.

Yeah Chain it was quite a rush. It all happened so fast there was never a chance to really figure the danger till it was over. Can't wait to do it again but will make sure to get noticed earlier. Randy I would hope this guy has great security. It would not serve my agenda if he got hurt or worse.
    Thomas Payne