Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Peck Days this weekend

How did your ride go Mud?

It was a mixed bag ride. I decided since it was just me to stop by my old friend's house nearby Peck. Haven't seen him or his wife in 5 years. Don't really go that way too often. Well the good news was even though I didn't have his phone number I found him, didn't get shot or chewed up by his dog because he had no idea who I was (never saw my bike before and hadn't seen me in 5 years then out of the blue I show up) and he and his wife were happy as shit to see me (doesn't happen often so it's a treat for me, lol). But the bad news was that his wife, who is my age, has severe health issues and I barely recognized her. But on a bright note I think I made her day by showing up. So I stayed there a lot longer than I expected to. Checked the radar before I left and there was a massive hurricane type storm coming up through Indy but I said who cares and put everything in waterproof baggies expecting at some point to ride in a torrential downpour. Got to Peck around 7pm and just as the 4 wheelers (BORING!) were attempting to go through the pit. Then the trucks started about 30 minutes later. Was definitely fun to watch. About 1/2 way through the rain started - just a little bit. I said here we go. Dark clouds all day I am riding home in pouring rain in pitch dark country roads with a tinted shield - no such luck. After the trucks I fired up the bike and never saw a drop of rain the whole hour 40 minutes home. In Richmond the roads were soaked but that was the extent of what I saw. Got a few pics. Once I edit I will post them up. I am thinking about talking to Bill for next year and seeing if we can step up the game a bit. Need some feedback:

Peck, MI
    Live bands
    Beer
    Tractor pulls
    Mud bogs
    Pig roast
    Carnival

Would this interest anyone with appropriate advance notice? And what would you like to see there or what would it take to get you interested enough to go? I can arrange a nice big parking area for bikes through Bill if we had some interest. We could throw a poker run around the thumb area for charity - start in the morning back to the mud bog area by say lunch time.
    Redline Superbike
    http://www.redlinesuperbike.com/

Learn about photography: ATP Members

Redline Superbike

Got any pictures of the sacrificed goats?

Love the bog pics!!!

i felt maybe 5 drops Sunday. But nothing truly happened.
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

Dirt drags for bikes..

Quote Originally Posted by Thruxtonbill View Post
    Got any pictures of the sacrificed goats?
    No pictures aren't allowed in bohemian grove - only vips get into "that" party, lol
    Redline Superbike