Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone riding a scooter?

Default Anyone riding a scooter?

I'm starting to see more and more on the road.* I'm seeing a lot of Vespas and Honda Rukus's.
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned.

Default Re: Anyone riding a scooter?

i want to get a big rukus when i save up some money
    william

Quote Originally Posted by detdrbuzzard
    i want to get a big rukus when i save up some money
    Someone has one for sale on xceedspeed.com for $1700.* I'd like to get one to ride to work and back but for the money I could buy a used bike. LOL

Hello Bob,
    I've owned an 07 Piaggio X9 500 for little over a year and have nearly 5,000 miles on it. It is quite fast but still gets (usually) over 60 mpg. I'm a senior rider so i donot ride it very hard. Oil changes are easy. It's very good for two up riding and also on the x/way.
    I previously owned an Aprillia 250 for a short while but like the 500 better for my kind of riding.

Quote Originally Posted by Road-Rider
    Hello Bob,
    I've owned an 07 Piaggio X9 500 for little over a year and have nearly 5,000 miles on it. It is quite fast but still gets (usually) over 60 mpg. I'm a senior rider so i donot ride it very hard. Oil changes are easy. It's very good for two up riding and also on the x/way.
    I previously owned an Aprillia 250 for a short while but like the 500 better for my kind of riding.
    Those scooters are practically motorcycles!* Nice ride!

i just want to add it to my colection
    william

I bought a cute little scooter and wanted to add as much power to it as I could. I started out wanting to keep it stock looking and simple, but I may have overdone it anyways. Now nobody wants to play with me.
    Last edited by B-Kinger; 05-09-2009 at 11:56 AM.

Okay, it's not really mine, but I thought it was cool, from a horsepower junkie perspective. Not many scooters out there with thrust. U should see what the guy did with a VW Bug!!!

I've actually never ridden a scooter on the street, but I did sell quite a few last summer. (yeah, even after what I tell you here). A few of the people were sometimes torn between a scooter or a smaller bike, their argument being that a scooter was "safer" than a bike. Now I was never the pushy kind of salesperson, I always tried to get the customer what they wanted, or what I honestly thought was best, even if it meant a lesser sale. I would even recommend 250 Ninjas to beginners and we didn't even sell 'em. Hail praise to the Ninja, it is thee PERFECT starter bike. Hey look, a KAW!
    But anyways, these people would assume the scooter was safer because it wasn't as fast as a bike. and in the next breath they'd ask, but can I go on the highway with it? I'd be like, well some of these scooters can go over 80 mph, but you don't get the same quick burst of speed as with a bike you can shift, to get out of the way. I also said, scooters tend to be smaller and less noisey than a bike, harder to see and be heard. I also said, youre just as vulnerable on a scooter as on a bike. I was just trying to make them realize the facts, these were the kind of people that were utterly clueless to thinking they could get hurt on a scooter (look,it's SO cute), had no MSF training whatsoever, and didn't want to, and wanted to make sure we had a matching blue little helmet. At a certain point, I'd forget trying to sell, and try to educate. At least I tried to.
    Regardless, they'd still buy the scooter, and sometimes I'd see 'em slowly cruising up Gratiot, in their tank top, shorts and matching helmet, with a big, shit eating grin. I guess it's not what you ride, just as long as you enjoy it. My job was done.
    A bike on the road is worth two in the garage.

I rode a scooter in the Dominican Republic... I liked it... I would have one for local ride, high MPG... low cost... but the DRZ can double as that and still kick ass in the twisties...

I wish more people rode scooter and whatnot around.
    Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy Sh*t... WHAT A RIDE!"