Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Top 10 rides in North America

Default Top 10 rides in North America

#4 is Tunnel of Trees. How many have you done?

I've done Needles highway, the Tail, the Tunnel, Cherohala Skyway. Man, I've got work to do!

http://dsc.discovery.com/tv-shows/no...ycle-rides.htm
    Last edited by Kosher; 05-28-2013 at 07:02 PM.
    _________
    Roll away the dew...

Caveman

Here's my 10, my 2 are free

I've done all the ones you listed Kosher besides needle highway. And there is seriously missing some roads. Diamondback in NC, and Blood Mountain in GA.
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

Well, 3,4,7 and 8, but would agree that there are lots more just as good out there.
    Old age and treachery ALWAYS overcome youth and skill! Growing old is mandatory- growing up is OPTIONAL! I.B.A. #26543.

Needles, Tail, Blue Ridge, Tunnel, and Cherohala.... rode right past Blood MT (didn't know about it), Gas, but we did Diamond Back, Moonshiners 28, Six Gap and Devils Triangle (that pretty neat) last year when we were down there. And when we came back north from Tenn, we came up through the Virginia's, wasn't too far from RT 50, The George Washington Highway. Dang...

Won't be back in them areas for a while, been there a few times. Time for a change, next year were planning on a possible 15 day trip to California, via Rt 66. Though we carry everywhere, so we wont be going into CA, and we'll skip IL part of Rt66. F them!

To many rides, and too much work, I need to get me one of them free life rides...

Oh right... devils triangle.. did that one. I have those stickers in my saddlebag... great rodes there. Funny thing was, we were staying off the skyway and made a "wrong" turn and found the triangle and diamondback.... BY ACCIDENT no less! Awesome rodes! We didn't even know they had "names" till we stopped at some store for booze & beers. It was great!
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Custom don't bolt on!"

I will be doing the needles in a few weeks and may just come back Via UP and do the tunnel of trees. I did do the Dragon and the skyway and a few others in TN and NC.

Best part about the tunnel since its more of just enjoying the view at a nice slow pace is legs inn when you get done.
    Formerly known as Rugby66x

Heck yeah Medic
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Custom don't bolt on!"

Quote Originally Posted by RedneckMedic View Post
    Best part about the tunnel since its more of just enjoying the view at a nice slow pace is legs inn when you get done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
    Heck yeah Medic
    I guess its true with most rides (especially extreme twisties), but your experience on the Tunnel is directly related to traffic. Its a drag when you have a lot of cars cutting in, long groups of bikes (of questionable skillz). I'd go during the week, if at all possible.

I've had some very frustrating "runs" down the Tunnel. And at least one harrowing ride during a torrential thunderstorm. At dusk. With a tinted visor. That fogged up.

I was lucky when I did the Tail and Cherohala, I started at the Tail at about 945AM on a Monday - FTW!
    _________
    Roll away the dew...