Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Skilled Rider Class

Default Skilled Rider Class

Just started riding a motorcycle for the first time in December 2012. Took the MSF Basic Rider class at that point.

Got nearly 3000 miles on the seat now. So on Sunday - June 9th, I'm going to take the skilled rider class at Toledo H-D.

Anyone ever taken it? What did you think? Was it worth the $100?

Looks like a good way to use your own bike to practice a lot of the slow speed stuff they taught in the BRC.

I took it with MCC and I liked it. I was on my Shadow Sabre and was quite an easy course. Now that I'm on my Ultra (significantly larger and heavier) I should probably take it again. Kind of lets you know where you stand with the bike you are riding. Over all though the course wasn't difficult and actually reinforced some of the behaviors I was already rollin with and sharpened some that I had let slide since the BRC.
    I would even recommend the course to be taken several times throughout your riding years. If nothing more than to just keep those skills sharp and fresh in the old library of life.
    Caveman

Here's my 10, my 2 are free

I took the Ride Like A Pro class last year. A great class, very challenging, but if you dont practice often, it wont be much good.

http://www.ridelikeapro-gl.com/
    _________
    Roll away the dew...

Any skills class would be a good one, and I've heard nothing but good things about the HD riders classes.

I took the advanced from MSF on my little ninja back in the day. It wasn't bad. As Bill said, any class is a good idea.
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

Took the skilled class back in Delaware. Had a blast! You will learn what the bike if capable of and learn you can push it more to maneuver out of a bad situation. By the end of the two days, you will feel great. But, if you don't practice, you will loose it. But again, it was a fun. The one I took was offered by the state (HD replicated the program and even took some of the state instructors). Again that was in Delaware. Have fun!

I'm taking that same class. Hope the weather is nice. Why aren't you taking it closer to home at Biker Bob's?

I have to find something to wrap the crash bars, just in case I push it a little too far. Anybody have any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Pioneer74 View Post
    I'm taking that same class. Hope the weather is nice. Why aren't you taking it closer to home at Biker Bob's?

I have to find something to wrap the crash bars, just in case I push it a little too far. Anybody have any suggestions?
    Biker Bob's isn't offering the class. They do the Basic Rider Class, but I've already done that. Toledo isn't that far. I'm near Flat Rock in Brownstown, so it's only about an hour ride there.

I'll look for you in class. I'll be on the 2003 SuperGlide

Here's the RLAP-GL schedule, if anyone's interested: http://www.ridelikeapro-gl.com/schedule.aspx
    _________
    Roll away the dew...

Quote Originally Posted by SuperGlide View Post
    Biker Bob's isn't offering the class. They do the Basic Rider Class, but I've already done that. Toledo isn't that far. I'm near Flat Rock in Brownstown, so it's only about an hour ride there.

I'll look for you in class. I'll be on the 2003 SuperGlide
    I took my basic course at Bob's in 2004 when I lived in Monroe. Up until a year ago I had a Sportster. Decided to go big and got a Touring bike. Now I live in Temperance. Toledo is about 15 minutes from me.

I'll be on a 2012 Ultra Limited. I have the same username on hdforums.