Thread: The honest seller...

Default The honest seller...

Saw this on the R1 forum, lots of us got a good laugh out of this guy so I figured I would share...

Link to the C/L ad: http://fargo.craigslist.org/mcy/3662276869.html

2006 R1 Raven for sale or trade for dirtbike or quad - $4600 (Moorhead)

I have a 2006 Yamaha R1 for sale or trade. It is a great bike and it kills me to let it go, but I am sick of not having a D.L. I have lost it more then once for my really poor decision making. I have destroyed my driving record to the point where it is tough to get insured, not to mention the high probability of really messing myself up most of the time I ride. I thought the bike had a salvaged title, I bought the bike at an auction in the Twin Cities, then had to bring all my receipts and the bike in to get it inspected before I could get the title. The title I have doesn't say salvaged. It looks just like any other bike title I've had, so I don't know for sure. My father inlaw who sell used cars told me that if it was a salvaged title it would have to say, but why did I have to get it inspected if it was just a normal title? When I bought the bike about 3 years ago, it had been put down. Most of the bike looked fine it just needed new plastics, gages, headlights, ram air ducts, etc. All the stuff that you don't think will be so bad, but just nickel and dimes you to death. It also had a bent rim like they hit a curb, so I replaced that. Then one of my first times out I had a high speed wobble at about 160, So I put a set of forks and upper and lower triple trees on that came of a low mile 06 that had never been wrecked. Since I have had it 180 plus many times and it is fine. The plastics are off an 06 raven and are in pretty good shape, no broken tabs or bad scratches. The bike didn't have a cluster when I bought it. The bike was really clean though. Judging from the wear and tear I would say under 5k. I have had a couple of bikes from new and I know the wear and tear pretty well. So I bought a used cluster on Ebay that had 14k on it. I put 10 or 11k on the bike myself. It would be safe to say that you would have to go through the valves and have them adjusted within the next 5k. I haven't heard them yet, but on my last R1 I really started to hear them at 20k, and from what I've read that's normal. You are suppose to do it at 20k and it is a good idea. I also just replaced the clutch last year, though when I had the old plates out they still looked pretty good which is amazing considering the countless clutch up wheelies I did with it. I don't really have a bottom dollar. I just listed it and am not in a real big hurry to sell it. It's paid for and it is by far my favorite bike.The bike needs a few minor things cosmetically, nothing major. It has a PCV, and Race baffles. I linked to a video of the bike and my bad habit that is the root cause of me not having a DL for 15 out of the last 24 months. I'm not the kind of guy that rides around town wearing flip flops.http://youtu.be/amNdI_aqfDM I also have some other vids of the bike on there. If you want a bike that has never been ridden hard, this might not be the bike for you. A lot of the miles I put on are highway miles, I ridden to the Mpls/Stp area quite a few times. I also rode to Ely with it. That is a long ride for a guy that is 6'5 on a R1 let me tell you. So for the sake of my kids and wife I think I am going to get out of sportbikes. I just don't have the common sense to ride them responsibly. Trade for 4x4 quad or side by side, dirt bike, boat. let me know what you have.

Top end speed(and my poor judgement) http://youtu.be/iyx3Y_oP1mE

Geez!!!! Great to be young I guess,Hope he gets older?

wow! I checked out that last vid of him riding like a dumb ass!!

holy shit that was hysterical
    Redline Superbike
    http://www.redlinesuperbike.com/

Learn about photography: ATP Members

my 6'7" buddy loved his r1.

those looked like MI roads but the signs were too out of focus to tell where? anyone make them out? but that dude rides like a dumb dumb. I would think weaving the lanes would be better than the all that shoulder time. you never know whats in that area of the road.
    Caveman

Here's my 10, my 2 are free