Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Harley lifters

When the camshaft manufacture state replace the 99c lifters with knowing they fail raisers an eyebrow I will follow. Remember like gasman stated its a some of parts. I will get manufacture sorce who says they are bad. Sorry I'm in the bar and can't type to good LoL

Quote Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
    I think there is something bad. Maybe just the primary chain tensioner that I already replaced. Idk.
    Yes, the compensator sprocket, I hear about them a lot on the 07-10 touring bikes.. You should have swapped yours out for the SE comp sprocket (stock as of 2011) when you had the primary open.

http://www.hdforums.com/forum/tourin...mpensator.html
    Last edited by Kosher; 04-14-2013 at 12:38 AM.
    _________
    Roll away the dew...

Good looking out AFTER the fact! LOL

My lifters cold starts or when hot would tick I was at a harley shop in Denver then went to loveland colo same story they all start out ticking.This is a quote from H-FORUM
    The "C" lifter that replaced the "B" lifter is manufactured in Mexico. The change was a running change in late 2011, so, depending on build date, some '11s came with Cs; all '12s came with Cs. The rollers not being square, rollers pitting, and rollers failing have all been reported issues related to the C lifters. A set of CompCams 850-1 lifters is cheap and they are Delphi, so the quality is there.

V/H 2-1 PCV PROGRESSIVE 944 KLOCK WERKS 6.5 SOLO SEAT SOFTPEDLE CONTROL 360 HIWAY PEGS BIGSUCKER V/H THROTTLE PAC REDSHIFT 577 WITH DUAL TENSIONERS ADJUSTABLE PUSH TUBES FUELING HP LIFTERS DYNO TUNED one hp per cu in pulls hard from 2000 -redline with no dip in dyno lines 96 CU

Quote Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
    Good looking out AFTER the fact! LOL
    I'm very helpful that way, LOL
    _________
    Roll away the dew...

Quote Originally Posted by Kosher View Post
    I'm very helpful that way, LOL
    You see what you should have done hahaha

There's a big article in the current issue of American Iron about Harley lifters - havent read it yet.
    _________
    Roll away the dew...