Thread: Beretta Leaves Maryland due to new gun laws

Default Beretta Leaves Maryland due to new gun laws

Beretta warned that stricter gun control laws would push the company outside of state lines, but that didn’t stop Maryland legislators. Jeffrey Reh, a spokesman for Beretta who also serves as the President of Stoeger Industries under Beretta, announced that the company would begrudgingly uproot and take its business elsewhere. He said, “We don’t want to do this, we’re not willing to do this, but obviously this legislation has caused us a serious level of concern within our company.”

He added that Beretta paid approximately $31 million in taxes, employs 400 people, and had invested $73 million in the business over the past several decades. Despite being such a prominent player in the local economy, Beretta was unable to prevent legislators from passing tighter gun control laws. Ironically, Beretta manufactures some firearms that are now banned in Maryland.

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/society/ ... dium=email

Do something about it, I just did. Send Snyder an email urging him to seek out these companies to try and get them here. MagPul and Hi-Vis are leaving Colorado, Beretta leaving Maryland. There's been a lot of talk about Remington leaving NY, and the new Connecticut laws will certainly stir up a lot of issues there.

Here's a contact page.

http://www.michigan.gov/snyder/0,4668,7 ... --,00.html

The business climate is definitely better now than it was under Jenny. Michigan is in no position to send jobs away. The more arms manufacturers we get here, the better chance we have of disuading anti gun politicians from passing stupid laws.

Alcohol, Tobbaco and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency.

Yet we got some whack jobs in waterford trying to ban "bad looking" guns!
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

I think this ban crap is going to go on forever...
    I do not see how they can ban a weapon at all... legally...
    ~Rich
    ~'08 B-King

Good for Beretta!