Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Find myself spending less time here

Default Find myself spending less time here

Why? Seems like us non HD riders are few and far in between on 2wheel, no hate, just stating a fact. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't care what you ride. I just can't relate to most of the threads or, honestly, have no interest.
    So let me pose a question, how many of you HD owners have owned another brand? Would you own another brand?
    I have had the chance to ride a fatboy and a road king, to be truthful, I don't get it, brakes were piss poor, slow as slow gets. Not bad for the highway but I tend to stay off those anyway.
    I'm noy trying to start shit here, I promise, I'm just bored.

To me TWM is about a community of Michigan riders, but I can certainly see your point.

I've really only owned Harleys, but I like to do long trips. If all I wanted to do was jet around town, then I might consider something else. I like a bit of acceleration but to me the appeal is not about raw speed or knee dragging its about independence, trips, and stories. (I'll be doing trips this summer to Boyne (via Milwaukee), Atlanta (work+pleasure), and Sturgis again this year)

Cant we all just get along?

I've tried to recruit Michigan riders from the other general HD forums I'm on, maybe you could get more sport bikes here by doing same? Truly a sincere suggestion.

Last edited by Kosher; 02-26-2013 at 10:25 AM.
    _________
    Roll away the dew...

Quote Originally Posted by Kosher View Post
    maybe you could get more sport bikes here by doing same? Truly a sincere suggestion.
    Well I don't consider myself a sportbike rider, I do ride a air cooled twin after all. The other thing is I mostly ride by myself, don't attend many bike nights and have very few friends who ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Kosher View Post
    To me TWM is about a community of Michigan riders, but I can certainly see your point.
    Exactly!

Everyone has a different opinion or reason why they ride a certain bike....and like ya said Bill...I don't care what ya ride...I have always been like that!

I had my Big Dog K-9 chopper for 5 years

but alot of my friends had them....then everyone was getting rid of their BD's and getting into the HD Touring bikes because they wanted to start doing trips on a bike....
    I did the same...I have always wanted to start taking trips on a bike and could never really go a real long distance because I never had any place to put anything!....so the end of last Oct....I traded in my BD for a 2011 HD Ultra Limited...
    I have rode a few of my friends Harleys and even my Dads Harley...I like the HD's ...
    my HD runs good...but its no BD....
    I already had the hot rod and every place I stopped..to either get gas or bike nights....I always had people come up to me and talk to me about my Chop....that didn't bother me at all...I didn't buy my bike to have the fastest bike...I could care less how fast or how much power your bike has...I bought my bike to cruise and enjoy the ride...but to each their own...some people really spend the $$$ on serious engine mod's...everyone has a different way of making their bike their own..
    I also have rode a few other cruisers...never rode a crotch rocket...
    I am looking forward to riding season this year... now, most of my friends have Harleys...some still have their BD's....but as long as your on 2 wheels...enjoy the ride...

2011 HD Ultra Limited

I started out on a Ninja 500, then to a Ninja 9R, then to the Big Dog chopper, and my 2nd bike (aka wife's) a 07 Sportster 883 low, which turned me towards the HD fully. Then I went from the big dog & the little sporty to the 2009 Ultra & Nightster 1200.

I had no issues with my bikes of the past. Certainly they had their own issues and had left me stranded a few times, but whatever. I like the fit & finish of my newer HDs. I'm kinda glad that I didn't get to HD's till 07. By then they have gotten past most of their ignorantly stupid shit.

I work on many brands and I will stand tall on the HD stuff. It goes together well and is TONS easier to work on. The aftermarket, support, and dealership network is 2nd to none!! I love that I'm never that far from a dealer when I'm on a road trip, and that you will always find folks willing to help out. There is a comrodery with the brand that is bigger than any Ford/Chevy/Dodge bond. When I'm riding the Ultra, it has a true feeling that it was designed by people that "get it" and ride themselves. BUt the bike is also still raw enough to have some soul in it, but the big dog had more soul. Soul is kind of rider POV on the bike's flaws. There is always a balance with things in life. You can't pump too much power out of a motor before you start sacrificing reliability. You can engineer the soul right out of a bike, and it will loose it's character. But much like everything in life, balance is hard to do.

That being said, the one thing that has drawn me to this site from many years ago, and long before I owned it... is the diversity. I love Bill's thruxton and would own it if I could. I love bikes, 200% of the time. While I prefer my HD, I prefer diversity in my bike groups... it's the spice of life. I just wish my wife agreed with me on the same theory in the bedroom, there is nothing wrong with a blonde and a redhead to share with me in the bedroom, but that is a different forum. LOL

I get sick of hearing all HD comments when we are shootin the shit around the steeds in some parking lot. I want to see Buzzards goldwing, and Bill's thruxton, and Leebo's triumph. I love the new (old style) CB1000 and would totally buy one if finance weren't a thing, well and if I thought I had more time to ride. But that is what I love about this site. The local feeling and the diversity in the bikes. I do try to promote those exact things and think we do it better than any other site I've been on, and I'm not just saying that cause I own it now. I wouldn't own it, if I didn't think it was that good and worth saving.
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

I ride a Harley because rice is for a side dish

Quote Originally Posted by Thruxtonbill View Post
    Why? Seems like us non HD riders are few and far in between on 2wheel, no hate, just stating a fact. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't care what you ride. I just can't relate to most of the threads or, honestly, have no interest.
    So let me pose a question, how many of you HD owners have owned another brand? Would you own another brand?
    I have had the chance to ride a fatboy and a road king, to be truthful, I don't get it, brakes were piss poor, slow as slow gets. Not bad for the highway but I tend to stay off those anyway.
    I'm noy trying to start shit here, I promise, I'm just bored.
    Oh and as far as not enough non-hd here. Are you on other forums? Do you try to get those guys on there, that live in Michigan, to come over here?

As an HD rider, I relate to you, cause I've been there on a go fast bike. Heck I still relate with Mud on a sportbike.

What is there to not relate to? You don't want to do long ride there trips? You don't want to do short sunday morning runs through the backroads, grab a bite to eat and head home? What is the non-relating?
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

Quote Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
    Oh and as far as not enough non-hd here. Are you on other forums? Do you try to get those guys on there, that live in Michigan, to come over here?

As an HD rider, I relate to you, cause I've been there on a go fast bike. Heck I still relate with Mud on a sportbike.

What is there to not relate to? You don't want to do long ride there trips? You don't want to do short sunday morning runs through the backroads, grab a bite to eat and head home? What is the non-relating?
    Answer to your first question....yes but I'm not gonna beg them.

2nd question.... relax, I didn't say I was breaking up with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
    I just wish my wife agreed with me on the same theory in the bedroom, there is nothing wrong with a blonde and a redhead to share with me in the bedroom, but that is a different forum. LOL
    You scared me for a second, though I was on the wrong forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgrider View Post
    I ride a Harley because rice is for a side dish
    I know you're being funny but you do realize that some of those tiny little fingers are building your parts as well right?